OFFICIAL Predict the positive spin by Brewster thread

stevedave23

Reaction score
Ok folks, lets's see some predictions for brewster's comments after the game and through next week. Each forum member gets 3 statements.

i'll start it off with:

- OSU is a great football team

-i'm proud of the way our defense fought

-our punter had an excellent game

Adam Weber is a very accurate passer
Troy Stoudemire did a great job catching kicks today

but seriously the excuse will be:

-No Decker

We came out there and battled today...the experience will help us prepare for next week. lol

we held one of the best teams in the country to 7 points in the first half. Yeah we couldnt score but hey what an effort and great day for football.

-It could have been worse

-Weber is starting to get a handle on these big games

-Basketball is starting soon

Just an fyi - this thread literally made me laugh outloud!

Here, I'll fix this for you:

Ok folks, lets's see some predictions for brewster's comments after the game and through next week. Each forum member gets 3 statements.

i'll start it off with:

- OSU is a TREMENDOUS football team

-i'm proud of the way our defense fought

-our punter had an excellent game

In a true Milli Vanilli moment, Brew's eyes roll back into his head and he goes on repeat:

- Our team did some good things today, and we continued to improve in some areas of the game.

- I really like what we're trying to do on offense, and Jed Fisch is a tremendous coach who is doing tremendous things with our team.

- Our team did some good things today, and we continued to improve in some areas of the game.

- I really like what we're trying to do on offense, and Jed Fisch is a tremendous coach who is doing tremendous things with our team.

This thread has potential. It's gotta stay alive until Brewster's presser. Then someone can sift through the posts and crown a winner.

Without question, I couldn't be more proud of our effort!

That's right, Dave, Adam Weber is REALLY a tremendous young quarterback who just needs a little more time and he will lead us to that grass out in Pasadena that I have in my REALLY great office in the REALLY great TCF Bank Stadium. Adam makes REALLY great decisions and he is a REALLY great talent who will be a first round draft pick if he goes out early. This Gray kid is REALLY not ready. We're waiting for the exact perfect time to let him play a down or two. But Adam, how about that guy. He's had some REALLY great games, hasn't he?

- He'll definitely talk about being proud of their first half effort and will say something about how mistakes let this game get out of hand.

-I was happy with how Adam Weber battled out there in a tough environment, and I thought MarQueis came in and played well.

-Our defense played tremendous football in that first half, things got a little out of hand in that third quarter.

Something like that lol.

What can you say about that first half today

I think Blake Hauden continues to have a tremendous season and I am really proud of that guy. Outstanding coming from nowhere when you really look at it. Today I thought we did some good things in the running game and some really good things in the passing game. Marquies Gray I am really excited about that young guy, every opportunity he get's, just get's me more excited for the future in what a good football player I think he can be. Kevin Cosgrove and Ronnie Lee, outstanding first half calling the defense, pressure got off the field on third down, really stopped the run, Kyle Theret created a turnover on that final drive of the half kyle is a good football player. This was an outstanding OSU(Insert throw up in your mouth here) football team and we held them to only 7 points in the first half. I'm not happy with the loss today but am really proud of my football team in how they competed in that football game.

Yes you could almost turn on a recording from last week and it will be about the same. The Wacker years we may not have stopped anybody but we could score points. This year not so much.

- He'll definitely talk about being proud of their first half effort and will say something about how mistakes let this game get out of hand.

-I was happy with how Adam Weber battled out there in a tough environment, and I thought MarQueis came in and played well.

-Our defense played tremendous football in that first half, things got a little out of hand in that third quarter.

Something like that lol.

I am picking you as the winner of the contest. You hit the nail on the head.

We finally broke our scoreless streak

We have an great punter who is able to handle the workload we are giving him...

Great Thread,

My entries:

"I tell you what, it was a great day for two great teams to compete on the gridiron."

"I tell you what, that Pryor is a tremendous football player."

"I tell you what, Adam Weber is a competitor, and he'll be back strong next week."

Brewster's Tuesday Presser Opening Comments:

Obviously we are dissapointed with the loss. We faced a tremendous challenge in back-to-back weeks traveling to two of the toughest places to play in America today. We truly believed we could go into Columbus and win a football game. Guys, we love the challenge to go on the road as a team, with a business-like attitude and win a football game in a hostle environment.

Obviously Ohio State has a tremendous defense. In back-to-back weeks we've faced two of the best defenses in America today. Offensively, you know, they have a great playmaker at the quarterback position and obviously he was able to make some plays with his feet. I think you also all saw that we have a tremendously talented kid in Marqueis Gray and he is only scratching the surface at what he can do.

I thought our defense did an outstanding job in the first half of containing an explosive offense. Any time you can hold your opponent to seven points in a half it gives you a tremendous chance for winning. Obviously the game of football comes down to execution and mistakes. We continue to be haunted by self-inflicted wounds. We're working hard in practice each day to address it, and we will.

I thought our game preparation was outstanding. Let me tell you guys, football games are won and lost on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with preparation - and we were a prepared and focused football team. We moved the ball with great success in the first half. Guys, what we've got to do a better job of is finishing drives. And it begins and ends with the self-inflicted wounds. We've got to be able to hang on to the ball and not hurt our football team with penalties. And we will address those.

Obviously, when you lose an Eric Decker it hurts your team tremendously. But we have a saying around here - next man up. One man's misfortune is another man's gain, and I thought our guys did a nice job of stepping in. You know, Troy gets into the endzone for a touchdown. Bryant Allen catches a ball. We are going to continue to work those guys into the game because they have tremendous ability to make plays for our football team.

Awards this week: Our offensive player of the game goes to a guy that has been very patient this year. He is doing an oustanding job each day in practice of learning and improving, and earning the opportunity to get on the field on Saturdays. Obviously you all saw what he can do and the ability he has. 11 carries for 81 yards, leads the team down the field and throws a touchdown pass in a critical situation. Marqueis Gray, our offensive player of the game.

Defensive player of the week; Guys. I can't think of a more deserving player than Kyle Theret. He is just a solid guy back there and a leader on defense. And you know, again, in a critical situation at the end of the half, he makes a play on defense and intercepts a pass in the endzone. I really am tremendously proud of the job Kyle Theret does day-in-and-day-out for our football team.

Special forces player of the week; Guys, I don't know that there is a better story in the game today than Blake Haudan. Here is a kid who was patient, waited for his time, and has stepped up when he has gotten his chance. Again, seven punts, a 42-yard average, and downs 3 punts inside the 20. He's just doing a tremendous job for our football team right now.

Hard hat hit of the week goes to Nate Triplett. Nate comes in on a 1-1 situation against the most dangerous runner at quarterback in America today and not only makes the play, but drives him backward. Just a tremendous play by a guy who has been outstanding this year.

Obviously, guys, we've got to continue to improve as a football team. We've got another tremendous challenge on Saturday in Michigan State. They've won four consecutive games, and we all saw what they did to a number six team in Iowa last Saturday night. Again, a tremendous challenge but we're excited to be back home at TCF bank stadium on Saturday.

Questions.

Brewster's Tuesday Presser Opening Comments:

Obviously we are dissapointed with the loss. We faced a tremendous challenge in back-to-back weeks traveling to two of the toughest places to play in America today. We truly believed we could go into Columbus and win a football game. Guys, we love the challenge to go on the road as a team, with a business-like attitude and win a football game in a hostle environment.

Obviously Ohio State has a tremendous defense. In back-to-back weeks we've faced two of the best defenses in America today. Offensively, you know, they have a great playmaker at the quarterback position and obviously he was able to make some plays with his feet. I think you also all saw that we have a tremendously talented kid in Marqueis Gray and he is only scratching the surface at what he can do.

I thought our defense did an outstanding job in the first half of containing an explosive offense. Any time you can hold your opponent to seven points in a half it gives you a tremendous chance for winning. Obviously the game of football comes down to execution and mistakes. We continue to be haunted by self-inflicted wounds. We're working hard in practice each day to address it, and we will.

I thought our game preparation was outstanding. Let me tell you guys, football games are won and lost on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with preparation - and we were a prepared and focused football team. We moved the ball with great success in the first half. Guys, what we've got to do a better job of is finishing drives. And it begins and ends with the self-inflicted wounds. We've got to be able to hang on to the ball and not hurt our football team with penalties. And we will address those.

Obviously, when you lose an Eric Decker it hurts your team tremendously. But we have a saying around here - next man up. One man's misfortune is another man's gain, and I thought our guys did a nice job of stepping in. You know, Troy gets into the endzone for a touchdown. Bryant Allen catches a ball. We are going to continue to work those guys into the game because they have tremendous ability to make plays for our football team.

Awards this week: Our offensive player of the game goes to a guy that has been very patient this year. He is doing an oustanding job each day in practice of learning and improving, and earning the opportunity to get on the field on Saturdays. Obviously you all saw what he can do and the ability he has. 11 carries for 81 yards, leads the team down the field and throws a touchdown pass in a critical situation. Marqueis Gray, our offensive player of the game.

Defensive player of the week; Guys. I can't think of a more deserving player than Kyle Theret. He is just a solid guy back there and a leader on defense. And you know, again, in a critical situation at the end of the half, he makes a play on defense and intercepts a pass in the endzone. I really am tremendously proud of the job Kyle Theret does day-in-and-day-out for our football team.

Special forces player of the week; Guys, I don't know that there is a better story in the game today than Blake Haudan. Here is a kid who was patient, waited for his time, and has stepped up when he has gotten his chance. Again, seven punts, a 42-yard average, and downs 3 punts inside the 20. He's just doing a tremendous job for our football team right now.

Hard hat hit of the week goes to Nate Triplett. Nate comes in on a 1-1 situation against the most dangerous runner at quarterback in America today and not only makes the play, but drives him backward. Just a tremendous play by a guy who has been outstanding this year.

Obviously, guys, we've got to continue to improve as a football team. We've got another tremendous challenge on Saturday in Michigan State. They've won four consecutive games, and we all saw what they did to a number six team in Iowa last Saturday night. Again, a tremendous challenge but we're excited to be back home at TCF bank stadium on Saturday.

Questions.

Dude, you must have put in a day into that post. And because you did I read the whole thing. You've got Shooter McGavin down pretty well. It was like reading War and Peace but you deserve the best prize if not for effort alone. I liked the Theret take. He looked like he should be playing for St Thomas on Special Teams today.

Something like that lol.

Just got done watching/listening the replay of Brewster's post-game press conference and I must say, this is almost exactly what he said from start to finish. It's actually pretty scary how close to right on these comments were. Thumbs up on the prediction; it was almost completely spot on.

Haha, well we all saw what happened. What else is he supposed to say lol.

Interesting, MarQueis is offensive player of the game. Seems like it'd be hard to keep that off the field. I think we're gonna see a lot of Gray next week, even with Weber still the "starter".

Top Bottom