***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW!!! GOPHERS FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! TAILGATING IS BACK!!! FANS IN THE STANDS IS BACK!!! THE IN-GAME THREAD IS BACK!!!

I couldn't wait until my usual game day to start this thread.

1. I'm too excited.
2. I didn't want someone else getting antsy and starting this and ruining the juju around this joint.
3. A game like this needs a game day thread a day early!

Gopher fans, this is our time. This is our chance. National stage. #4 ranked Buckeyes. Big Ten foe to open the season. Why not us? Why not now?

Be LOUD! Be PROUD! Be GOLDEN!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!! GOPHERS FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! TAILGATING IS BACK!!! FANS IN THE STANDS IS BACK!!! THE IN-GAME THREAD IS BACK!!!

I couldn't wait until my usual game day to start this thread.

1. I'm too excited.
2. I didn't want someone else getting antsy and starting this and ruining the juju around this joint.
3. A game like this needs a game day thread a day early!

Gopher fans, this is our time. This is our chance. National stage. #4 ranked Buckeyes. Big Ten foe to open the season. Why not us? Why not now?

Be LOUD! Be PROUD! Be GOLDEN!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With less than a 500 tix remaining, it looks close to being the 3rd straight sellout crowd in a row at The Bank. I hope Fleck was right, when after the Penn St game, he declared "we are never going back"

I am so pumped for this game and for the season to begin.

Black Out jerseys to take on the best of the B1G. Last time the Gophers faced a #4 ranked opponent at home, I remember what happened.

ROW. THE. BOAT.

At the end of the day we still have the best RB in the Big Ten, we have a group of players who have bought in to PJ Fleck and we have the fans. If you’re going to beat Ohio State, you do it at home in the opener. Set the tone. Get the boat moving. Oars in the water. And start fucking rowing.

With less than a 500 tix remaining, it looks close to being the 3rd straight sellout crowd in a row at The Bank. I hope Fleck was right, when after the Penn St game, he declared "we are never going back"

I am so pumped for this game and for the season to begin.

Black Out jerseys to take on the best of the B1G. Last time the Gophers faced a #4 ranked opponent at home, I remember what happened.

ROW. THE. BOAT.

This.

Go Gophers!!

I happen to be in Cancun at the moment. Hoping to be able to catch the game down here. I have a bet with my son-in-law that Gophs cover the spread.

wrestler-woo.gif

I can't believe I'm missing the game, or at least the first part. I'm a youth football coach, and all the kid teams are being honored at the high school opener tomorrow, so I'll be at the high school game.

I think it'd be funny to pour on the the whole "Playing an away game at night vs a B1G west team" and show highlights from OSU losing to Iowa and Purdue.

I’ve got a football game at the same exact time as this game. Really sucks, but let’s go get em!

Any news on Twitter or anywhere about football recruits being at this game? I know there will be some basketball ones.

First 3 receivers to see the field? I’m going CAB (miraculously fully healthy), Dylan Wright, and Daniel Jackson

Any news on Twitter or anywhere about football recruits being at this game? I know there will be some basketball ones.

Minnesota will host the top junior in their home state on Thursday in Robbinsdale Cooper athlete/tight end Jaxon Howard. Howard will attend the Gophers' opener against Ohio State.

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Howard is ranked the No. 64 prospect nationally by the 247Sports Composite.

He visited the Gophers previously to start off a long, national tour of schools in the summer. Howard has 54 scholarship offers which include Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M and Stanford.

Go Gophers!!

Just watched on BTN the one-hour version of the Gophers' home victory over Ohio State on November 7, 1981--our last home victory over the Buckeyes. Story of the game was three touchdown catches by TE Jay Carroll. But Mike Hohensee was great, and our WRs had quite a day, too. We passed on almost every down. Ohio State looked very formidable, but turned the ball over several times, which is how the Gophers stayed with them. Ohio State's QB was their greatest ever to that point, Art Schlichter. Coincidentally, Schlichter, now 61, was released from prison this summer after serving many years for financial fraud crimes. Go Gophers!

First 3 receivers to see the field? I’m going CAB (miraculously fully healthy), Dylan Wright, and Daniel Jackson
I’ll go with CAB, Jackson, and Michael Brown-Stephens.

Top Bottom