***OFFICIAL OHIO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I had some pretty dark thoughts going on when the Buckeyes cut it to 3 in the 2nd half, but that was awesome to see the guys respond and put the game away in the clutch.

I had some pretty dark thoughts going on when the Buckeyes cut it to 3 in the 2nd half, but that was awesome to see the guys respond and put the game away in the clutch.

We all did. We all did man.

We will likely see some more of that in a future game. But damn it's nice to be a team that guts out the tough ones.

Didn't panda retire?? Did she come out of retirement for our halftime show??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't panda retire?? Did she come out of retirement for our halftime show??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She tore her ACL. This might be her first year back. She was also at the Wolves opener.

Also, I'm glad that Fleck and the basketball team got bigger cheers than Red Panda for once.

Maybe the culture change is already taking place!

Outside of @purdue, if we can just get rid of the fouls on attempted offensive rebounds... I think thats all it'd take.
I said this before the start of the season. Most important stat for lynch to get to? 20 minutes.

Anyone know what is the problem for Curry? Pitino said he was hurt, that he was;t going to play and then asked to play at game time but really wasn't ok (as demonstrated by a poor shot, according to Pitino).
Anyone know what is wrong?

Anyone know what is the problem for Curry? Pitino said he was hurt, that he was;t going to play and then asked to play at game time but really wasn't ok (as demonstrated by a poor shot, according to Pitino).
Anyone know what is wrong?

Bruised heel I think.

Hope it is all right. We need Curry. This was an impressive win for the fact that Curry was pretty much out and we had some guys have off games. It is so much fun to see the Barn nearly full again. Let's go beat MSU!

Great start and a struggle in the second half, but it's survive and advance, especially with some off nights by our key players, so a conference win is a conference win. They don't come easy.

Well, that's two "swagger" technicals in one game...

After the game is over, man am I happy with a big win at the Barn to get to 3-1. This game was huge to me for three reasons: 1. (the Obvious) need to protect home court to make the dance, improve seeding, hopefully continue to stay in the conference race 2. Win back fans! The wins over the past week were great, but they didn't come in front of our fans, falling to 0-2 at home would have affected fan support 3. Recruits at the game! Another game where Pitino has a bunch of top targets at the Barn and it's a better crowd show them a good (potentially great) environment and a win over a name program.

During the game...not a fun one. I can't count the number of times that game could have been put away and it could have been a nice relaxing half... 15 minutes...10 minutes...5 minutes? of basketball. Instead, I'd hate to see how this games ends up if Springs doesn't hit that long three as the shot clock was winding down. The defensive was uninspired in the second half (how many layups did Ohio State get) and for awhile we seemed to be giving up a bunch of offensive boards while never grabbing an offensive board ourselves. I will say that Jordan Murphy continues to make me very nervous with his play at the end of these games and having to have Bakary out there as the other big certainly didn't help matters. This team has got to find a way to step on teams in games like this and put the game away early.

Obviously the positives were the strong start to the game and the fact that this team was able to never trail despite off games from Mason and McBrayer. What can be said about Coffey's two hand dunk plus the foul? Lynch was huge early, though we need him to be better on the glass (I assume trying to block so many shots hampers his rebounding as it gets him out of position) and Springs shooting was sorely needed. Overall, I continue to be very impressed by the variety of players who have been able to come through with big plays when we've needed them this year. That's such a contrast to past seasons where it seemed like nobody would ever make the big play when the momentum was decidedly with the opposition.

During the game...not a fun one. I can't count the number of times that game could have been put away and it could have been a nice relaxing half... 15 minutes...10 minutes...5 minutes? of basketball.

I think this team will learn how to do that against BIG competition. We're one win away from doubling our win total from last year so I think that this team will continue to develop in that area. OSU is a decent team who took Purdue to the buzzer (I know they had bates-diop) I think our team has already learned some since that Michigan state game.

Top Bottom