Official Northwestern-Gophers Post-Game Thread

What was the worst part of tonight's game?

• Offense

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • FT

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Hustle

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Inability to do anything against 1-3-1 zone?

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Other coaching issues

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Sh**y f***ing loss.

Sloppy execution.

Bad shooting.

This team needs to pull itself together, a win at the Kohl Center is necessary.

The talent divide between these teams was enormous. No excuse for that performance, should have been a double digit lead at half. Tubby coached first half like it was a tune up game for Wisconsin, lots of reserves playing meaningful minutes.
Northwestern has South Dakota State level talent.
Tubby has lost 5 straight at fricking Northwestern. Have a game plan for that zone already.

Am I safe to say this is the worst loss in the Tubby Smith era? Say it with me Gopher Fans...Shaka Smart...Shaka Smart...Shake Smart!

Since they took down one of the other threads, I'll repeat this one:

Let's not be too hard on Tubby, if the team had a practice facility, then he would have known to sit his best player down for a few minutes after foul number 4.

Did the fire Tubby thread really get deleted?

Gophers are the WORST team in the Big Ten!!!

The Gophers are the worst team in the Big Ten. They had to cheat to beat MSU. Illinois sucks so badly, that beating them was a WORTHLESS win. Who else has the Gophers beat?!

NO ONE. They haven't beaten a single worthy team.

ANY wins vs Top 15 teams?! NO!!!!

And the Big Ten sucks too. They are the biggest sham of a conference in all of college bb. IU loses AT HOME to Wisconsin?!

Minnesota WILL NOT make the NCAA tourney. They are done, OVER, they can't beat NW, they won't win another game all year, and honestly, the games they have won, should be voided, they MUST HAVE CHEATED.

FIRE TUBBY NOW, and get rid of all of the losers on the team, EVERY ONE OF THEM, they all suck, we'd do better if some fan from the stands coached a bunch of high schoolers. Get rid of them, retract ALL of their scholarships, start over, Minnesota plays in the Big Ten, it doesn't matter that they have no facilities or have to compete with the likes of IU and MSU and Wisconsin and OSU and Michigan and Illinois, they should EASILY be able to get the best coach in the country to come here and start over fresh with 7 recruits out of the Top 10. Start over, and just win, how hard is that?!

Dre had the worst half of basketball i have seen for a point guard. It's hard for a team to score when the point is that brutal. Did he have 6-7 TO's in the second half?

I also agree that coaching didn't have a ton to do with the loss. As players, if you step on the court and all 5 of your guys are better than the other team, you should win regardless of the coach.

In that case we should just hire Tim Brewster to coach the basketball team. Recruit, recruit, recruit and just roll the ball out there.

I hate to say this and it might get me banished again...but when I watch a game like tonight, I wonder what exactly is Tubby teaching and coaching these kids? They seemed completely confused and lost the entire 2nd half.

I think its clear the Gophers need a teacher and a real strong x and o kinda guy. Tubby was given a gift by the NCAA with Trevor getting the 6th season. I actually though the was going to take advantage of that gift and ride this thing deep into the NCAA Tourney. Now, I'm not so sure this team will make the Tourney.

Tubby has recruited a collection of great athletes who can't dribble or think very well on the court. These guys need coaching and I don't know who they're going to get it from. It seems like Tubby is just along for the ride and wherever these players take him, he's fine with it.

Well, I'm ready for some great NIT action at the Barn...Bring on UAB, Hofstra and Lasalle! WHooo whooo!

it doesn't matter that they have no facilities or have to compete with the likes of IU and MSU and Wisconsin and OSU and Michigan and Illinois

A new practice facility would give us uninterrupted extra practice time to figure out the 1-3-1. I think you are on to something.

In that case we should just hire Tim Brewster to coach the basketball team. Recruit, recruit, recruit and just roll the ball out there.

Confused on what you're implying. So Tubby mad the guards throw the ball away. LOGIC

Listening to Tubby in the locker before the game put me to sleep. BORING!!!!! I think he's a wonderful guy but just a horrible coach. This team is going down hill. They lack basic fundamental skills like passing the ball in under the basket. We should be undefeated in the BiG right now with decent coaching. PULL THE PLUG. I think Ozzie Cowles would be an improvement.

So far 7 moved threads on page 1. What will the final number be?

At least the mods came to play.

Edit: Also 1 closed and 1 missing.

Listening to Tubby in the locker before the game put me to sleep. BORING!!!!! I think he's a wonderful guy but just a horrible coach. This team is going down hill. They lack basic fundamental skills like passing the ball in under the basket. We should be undefeated in the BiG right now with decent coaching. PULL THE PLUG. I think Ozzie Cowles would be an improvement.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or.....

@NadineBabu: Tubby: It's tough to simulate the 1-3-1 in practice, we obviously did a poor job of practicing it. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

@NadineBabu: Tubby: It's tough to simulate the 1-3-1 in practice, we obviously did a poor job of practicing it. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

They have only thrown it at us the last 5 yrs...if Tubby hasn't figured it out yet I don't see much hope going forward

@NadineBabu: Tubby: It's a case of leadership when you lose 3 in a row. I'm at a loss, I thought we had corrected some things. #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

Dre had the worst half of basketball i have seen for a point guard. It's hard for a team to score when the point is that brutal. Did he have 6-7 TO's in the second half?

I also agree that coaching didn't have a ton to do with the loss. As players, if you step on the court and all 5 of your guys are better than the other team, you should win regardless of the coach.

+1... he's tubbafied. stand. hold ball. throw bad pass.

Really surprised to hear old sit on my hands Tubster say he is at a loss.

so which of the big3 from 2014 did we lose tonight?.... at least no one is going to duke!

Go Gophers!!

No sh1t?! I would have never guessed that. Looks like you practiced having the ball handler dribble right into the traps every time. Isn't that the point? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom