***OFFICIAL NORTH CAROLINA AT MINNESOTA 2024 SEASON OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
YES YES YES!!!! The long offseason wait is over, and I couldn't help myself but create the in-game thread a day early. I'm so FIRED UP!!!!! Newly expanded Big Ten, expectations low but don't doubt this squad. We have an aggressive new DC, a QB with an arm that will allow the offense to open up and we have great depth in the backfield and WR. Cody is healthy, the fans are fired up!

And we have revenge on our mind with a good UNC squad coming to town. Love starting the season against a P4 program, this is the way it should be.

Let's pound a few beers tomorrow, ready to scream The Rouser and let's FN GO!!!!!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We learned a lot in the season opener last year vs Nebraska. I remember coming away from that game feeling a lot less optimistic for the rest of the season.

We will learn a lot tomorrow as well, UNC isn't a cupcake, warm up non-conference game. They are a P5 team and even though their star QB has since left for the NFL they are still going to be able to test us on both sides of the ball.

I am going into the game tomorrow cautiously optimistic, and I hope that after the game I continue to be optimistic for the season ahead!

Folks better bone up on their Gopher songs before tomorrow. It's been a long offseason and it's highly likely there will be a lightning delay.

So folks are going to be singing the Rouser and some Chappell Roan song and Don't Stop Believin in the concourses. Maybe see if you can get a few thousand people to bust out Purple Rain.

YES YES YES!!!! The long offseason wait is over

bear-waking-up-from-hibernation.gif

YES YES YES!!!! The long offseason wait is over, and I couldn't help myself but create the in-game thread a day early. I'm so FIRED UP!!!!! Newly expanded Big Ten, expectations low but don't doubt this squad. We have an aggressive new DC, a QB with an arm that will allow the offense to open up and we have great depth in the backfield and WR. Cody is healthy, the fans are fired up!

And we have revenge on our mind with a good UNC squad coming to town. Love starting the season against a P4 program, this is the way it should be.

Let's pound a few beers tomorrow, ready to scream The Rouser and let's FN GO!!!!!!

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to Grimmer, DT, and JG on the FAN (we cut the cable years ago)...I think they are a pretty good radio team. I loved Ray Zimmermann and Dave Lee, but I think Mike Grimm is every bit as good as Ray and Dave.

ROW THE BOAT
SKI-U-MAH
GO GOPHERS!

Christmas morning, get to see the team today 👏

In 24 hours will we be:

Excited about the team, the athleticism displayed, PJ
Jumping off ledges
Somewhere in between

I don’t know, here to read and provide irrational, emotional hot takes. Let’s go!

Looking forward to Grimmer, DT, and JG on the FAN (we cut the cable years ago)...I think they are a pretty good radio team. I loved Ray Zimmermann and Dave Lee, but I think Mike Grimm is every bit as good as Ray and Dave.

ROW THE BOAT
SKI-U-MAH
GO GOPHERS!

I assume you mean Ray Christenson. as an older guy, Ray will always be the sound of Gopher radio in my head. Dave Lee - the more I listened to him the more he became like fingernails on the blackboard. Mike Grimm is capable. He's better on football than basketball. I wish he would just announce the game and stop trying to be a referee.

then again, I lived in Iowa when Jim Zabel and Ed Podolak were doing Hawkeye games on the radio. that was ............... unique.

I like this! Especially since you correctly used oar, unlike Goldy who uses a paddle as if he were in a canoe!
To be fair, that is the tagline Fleck used when he would announce, but could not name the player who committed for the class of 24.

I assume you mean Ray Christenson. as an older guy, Ray will always be the sound of Gopher radio in my head. Dave Lee - the more I listened to him the more he became like fingernails on the blackboard. Mike Grimm is capable. He's better on football than basketball. I wish he would just announce the game and stop trying to be a referee.

then again, I lived in Iowa when Jim Zabel and Ed Podolak were doing Hawkeye games on the radio. that was ............... unique.
Like the Capable Kenny Jay?

It's FINALLY here! The Gophers are hitting the field today, and honestly, the only thing that could make this day better is lining up 15 snorts of snuff at Gasthaus, then stumbling into the Deuce-Deuce to watch a lady entertainer do her thing on a picnic bench while I’m stuffing my face with a hot dog. What a time to be alive. Am I the only one who gets this hype?! #GopherGameDay #LivingTheDream

ROW THE BOAT
SKI-U-MAH
GO GOPHERS!
I'll be at the game, but I like this thread.

Top Bottom