***OFFICIAL NEVADA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm not sure if the Gopher Offense is coming out of its conservative running game shell voluntarily or because that running shell has spilt open and left a naked turtle roaming the highway.

Last season we don't know how much AK limited the offense or vice versus.

Yet.
The running back passes. The most damning stat on AK was that he never ever completed passes to more receivers than the opposing QB in a game.

AK did not have many RB passes because he only progressed through 1-2 reads and also because he didn't have the touch for them.

I'm not sure if the Gopher Offense is coming out of its conservative running game shell voluntarily or because that running shell has spilt open and left a naked turtle roaming the highway.
It may end up being the best thing that's happened to PJ to this point in his career. Coming off of how poor last season went and how last season started, he might be giving more latitude to the offensive playcaller/s because he's feeling some pressure for the first time since he's been here and he's realizing the way he wants to do things is currently the equivalent of repeatedly headbutting a brick wall

IMG-0123.jpg

The transition from outright conservatism after the first game (and the past how many years now) to slinging the ball around is so friggin refreshing and possibly a sign that PJ is finally getting out of his own way a bit. I know it's a long season, but at the moment it's looking like he may have hit an absolute home run with the Hetherman hire as well
i think we'll see on Hetherman when the talent and QB play is better. those are the teams that kill you if you're blitz happy. it's not as big an issue when you're playing the QB talent we've played so far. But I agree the early returns are encouraging and the D seems to be playing with a lot more speed

Iowa's run defense is stifling but Iowa State and now Troy are slinging it on them.

We may see the Gophers attempt 50 passes next week. In a Floyd game.
I expect I will stack the box and make us throw.

They don’t want to let us run and eat clock.

As far as the 2:03 TO...as well as our defense was playing, I was hoping the TO would have been called on 3rd and 13 with 2:56 remaining. As it was, Nev ran off 40 second before the next play. They were stopped and then forced to punt.

For the novice the reason we are thrrowing check down passes is because our OL is getting beat.

As far as the 2:03 TO...as well as our defense was playing, I was hoping the TO would have been called on 3rd and 13 with 2:56 remaining. As it was, Nev ran off 40 second before the next play. They were stopped and then forced to punt.
If one is called on defense that’s when you do it. I would have been fine just saving them for the offense too.

Justing Walley is not listed out on the Availability report, but I saw him on the sidelines without pads.

Top Bottom