***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm glad I was at the H.S. game and only caught the last 4:35 of game time.
ditto. I mean I plan to watch the recording but definitely missed the bad stuff and got to see the great stuff.

Only took Fleck 4 quarters to figure out he should switch rb’s. Wasting great talent if he doesn’t figure out how to run an offense.

Only took Fleck 4 quarters to figure out he should switch rb’s. Wasting great talent if he doesn’t figure out how to run an offense.
Minus that Tyler had the biggest run of the game to get us in easier range but sure

1) O-line needs to work out the kinks. A lot of missed blocks on plays that could have had big gains if not for straight up whiffs.

2) The above is paired with AK having a better completion percentage.

3) Running game was terrible and needs to improve. Nebby had free hats on seemingly every running play. Coaches need to figure out what plays will work with this personnel group. See #1 above.

4) What happened to Lindenberg? They really needed him against this running QB. It showed.

5) Very good performance again by a very good Gopher defense. Thank goodness the Gophs have a D.

6) Nubin a total stud. Kicker is a stud. Jackson a stud (made up for a bad drop). Crooms looks really good.

¹
Good win. Stop messing around with Bryce Williams. It’s TnT time. Taylor and Tyler. Happy for the win but shouldn’t be a last minute FG when you are +3 on turnovers.
Williams is not flashy, but plays a huge role in pass protection. AK gets sacked with someone coming clean up the middle, if Bryce was in there, it wouldn't happen. Also, make a couple of clutch catches late in the game on the short side if the field.

Ya well, his coach is an idiot. Why the hell is he throwing the ball???? He gained dang near 10 yards every time he ran.

Seemed that way to me too. He did gain 91 yards on the ground on 19 carries. He threw for 114 by going 11/19. Pretty damned balanced.

Think it changed when the Gopher Defense finally started to shadow him all over the field.

Top Bottom