***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA SEASON OPENING IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Holy shit what a read on that pick. I completely expected after the referee shit show it would be a touchdown. I need to improve my best.

If you can get a penalty, then you ran a play. That’s such a garbage call. I don’t get why a false start is anything different than too many people on the field or delay of game.

The good
AK throwing
Wrs getting space
Oline time overall in pass pro
Secondary is locked in

The bad
The run blocking. Eesh
Have to spy sims. It’s all they have it seems

The other
Zero chance sims plays all the games this year. Waaaaaay too many hits

Wonder if its a new rule?

All of my years watching college ball, never seen that
The announcers made a comment that might make sense. I don't know, but if that is the rules, then I understand. If true, I don't like it.

"With the false start, means the play before didn't actually "complete". They can still go back and review."

Again, I hate that, but if its true, I sorta get it.

Who f-ing knew that you can still review th replay prior when the current play is a false start?! WTF?!

If they would given that TD, I would’ve fucking break my TV!

PJ gotta be shitting his pants! Imagine if it was 3-7 right now! We all be livid!

My first in-game impressions of this team:
1. solid possession passing game. Seems well-seasoned already in game 1.
2. questionable running game. Gaps are small, RBs are not Mo Ibrahim. The running game must get a lot better or this offense will struggle this year.
3. Good defense, however, need to get a spy on the QB. A good running QB, for whatever reason, seems to always be the toughest for a Gopher team to stop.
4. Our kicker has a good leg…still not sure why the 54 yarder was attempted though.

The Gophers have moved the ball a lot for only getting 3 points.

The Gophers are going to either need to get the running game going or the long passing game going, or they will struggle to score points tonight and throughout the season.

The announcers made a comment that might make sense. I don't know, but if that is the rules, then I understand. If true, I don't like it.

"With the false start, means the play before didn't actually "complete". They can still go back and review."

Again, I hate that, but if its true, I sorta get it.
Seems like it could be gamed. That shouldn’t be a rule to avoid a timeout and get a review.

Team Stats
Game Stats
Nebraska
Minnesota
First Downs89
Rushing Attempts1515
Rushing Yards9939
Rushing Avg6.62.6
Receptions511
Receiving Yards3986
Receiving Avg7.87.8
Passing Yards3986
Pass C-A-I5-9-211-18-0
Plays-Yards24-13833-125
Yards/Play5.753.79
Kick Return Yards1-151-16
Punt Return Yards0-01-10
Interception-Yards0-02-0
Fumbles-Yards0-00-0
Fumbles-Lost0-00-0
Penalties4-200-0
Punts1-60.01-52.0
Possession11:5418:06
3rd Down Eff3-56-9
4th Down Eff0-00-0

So I think we’re all surprised that 71 is playing guard and 77 tackle. What’s up with that. We’re an average running game away from killing these guys.

Athan is doing good, the issue is the run game isn't doing very good. 3rd and 9 isn't a very good place to be.
Yeah, so he's gotta take the initiative and get the ball rolling. More eyes on him means less on the receivers.

My first in-game impressions of this team:
1. solid possession passing game. Seems well-seasoned already in game 1.
2. questionable running game. Gaps are small, RBs are not Mo Ibrahim. The running game must get a lot better or this offense will struggle this year.
3. Good defense, however, need to get a spy on the QB. A good running QB, for whatever reason, seems to always be the toughest for a Gopher team to stop.
4. Our kicker has a good leg…still not sure why the 54 yarder was attempted though.

The Gophers have moved the ball a lot for only getting 3 points.

The Gophers are going to either need to get the running game going or the long passing game going, or they will struggle to score points tonight and throughout the season.
THat pretty much says it all. The offense looks a lot like the offense last year, except instead of Mo cranking out occasional 12 yard runs, it's Athan completing occasional 12 yard passes. They really need to create a couple explosive plays down the field...and he's got the time to do it.

On D, it's more of what we've seen in past years. If they even halve Sims' production on the ground next half, they'll win.

Lots of running with AK under center. Hoping they’re setting up some PA in the second half.

So I think we’re all surprised that 71 is playing guard and 77 tackle. What’s up with that. We’re an average running game away from killing these guys.
Is that Carroll at T? Dont know the numbers, if so I noticed that too. Thought they were moving him inside which ppl said was a better positiom for him

Top Bottom