***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Coyle has hired well overall. He’ll get it right on the next. Not sure if this was his choice or not but I’d imagine lesson has been learned.

Can’t imagine they’d fire mid season.

Let’s all agree that a good second half effort to lose by six is still in acceptable. There is NO EXCUSE to ever be behind Nebraska by 17 on OUR court!

We are a dead lock for Weakling Wednesday again, and I wouldn’t bet a dime against us finishing last for the third year in a row. Was even Todd Lickliter this bad at Iowa?
If this were to continue, we may never have to worry about playing in the Conference tournament.

He lost fan support after the Isaiah Washington disaster. But if we kept him we would have a senior Jamal Mashburn Jr on the squad, and a constant influx of 4 ⭐️ transfers.

Side note, weren’t they ranked the season he got fired until mid season(ish) when everyone got hurt? I remember they were competitive up until Liam Robbins got hurt
Pitino had 8 years and went 54-96 in the B1G. That's awful. 36%. Sure it seems dreamy now, but it's awful. His firing was beyond justified. Hiring Ben was a massive mistake that most of us knew was a massive mistake the day it was made. The two decisions are separate from each other.

Give up on Ben being fired. The buyout is $6.5 million. You hear everybody saying how unfortunate he is with injuries. He'll be here next year.

Let’s all agree that a good second half effort to lose by six is still in acceptable. There is NO EXCUSE to ever be behind Nebraska by 17 on OUR court!
How the bar has been lowered losing by 6 at home to Nebraska is acceptable. My goodness.

Coyle has hired well overall. He’ll get it right on the next. Not sure if this was his choice or not but I’d imagine lesson has been learned.

Can’t imagine they’d fire mid season.
The on court performance and the thousands of empty seats are both reasons they should.

I am glad I chose to watch the Twolves. I have the goofs on DVR, but I just ended up forwarding through the half. It's just sad. I cannot blame anyone for not attending games.

It shows Mark Coyle actually does know a basketball coach when he sees one. That is good.
Still way too early to pass judgment on Dawn (I loved the hire both at the time and the results to date), but even assuming she is a win, that makes Coyle 1 of 3 on basketball hires.

The on court performance and the thousands of empty seats are both reasons they should.
If we were a more serious basketball program, I’d agree.

I just don’t see it happening here.

Still way too early to pass judgment on Dawn (I loved the hire both at the time and the results to date), but even assuming she is a win, that makes Coyle 1 of 3 on basketball hires.
Certainly he owns Lindsey. He likely doesn't own the Ben hire. PJ despite current griping was a good hire. So was Motzko, the VB coach etc.

I went out for lutefisk dinner with 7 others at a local restaurant. Got home, flipped on the tube and started watching the Gophers debacle. Hey, at least my dinner was good.

It didn't work, but hiring Whalen was the right hire. I will defend that to the end. Even the "right" hire doesn't always work, doesn't mean the thought or process was wrong.

They've done it before.
I could be wrong I just don’t feel like they’ll do that to Ben. To not embarrass him, etc.

Should a Big Ten program operate that way? Probably not, but that’s just my feeling.

OK, here's a conspiracy theory for you - what If Coyle went to the Women's game in KY tonight because he did not want to be at the Men's game? As in, just in case the Men had another clunker, Coyle didn't want to be on hand and have to face any questions......

Give up on Ben being fired. The buyout is $6.5 million. You hear everybody saying how unfortunate he is with injuries. He'll be here next year.
I have always thought Johnson was going to get 4 years. Not so sure now.

This season appears to be no different than the first two. If that is how it turns out how can he get a 4th year?

Top Bottom