***OFFICIAL MISSISSIPPI ST AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Show some spine, Ben. Can’t imagine how the players feel when he shows no emotion and refuses to defend them. Whether it was a bad call or not is debatable, but Ben needs to develop that part of his game as a coach and fast.
I posted this in the Michigan thread. Last year, he was jumping up and down, hands waving, yelling out instructions. This year he looks bored, dazed, and uninterested.

The thing with Payne is can he develop a game outside of 2 feet? He's probably not going to get much stronger. He's physically mature. Can he develop anything other than the dunk or lay-in?
Would be nice if we could actually get him the ball in the post, teams love to double him and he could be passing to open guys all night

We have got good looks for Carrington. He just hasn't drained them. We've left about 12 points out there with missed open 3s. Here's to hoping he starts hitting those shots.

I use to shoot a lot when I played. Some days—everything felt good and went in. Other days nothing felt good. So I’d try to drive, get free throws, layups. Carrington has adopted the philosophy of if nothing is falling I better only attempt 3s. He is far better than I ever was but I think I may have been a better decision maker.

I posted this in the Michigan thread. Last year, he was jumping up and down, hands waving, yelling out instructions. This year he looks bored, dazed, and uninterested.
Composed?

They just do not match up physically against any opponent - they will get credit for “playing hard” but they do not have the personnel to compete - Battle has regressed - i do like Payne but fear he will figure out this is a black hole of a program and hit the portal - all the other wunder kinder freshman … meh

Can we win on Wednesday night?

We scored more than MSU averages giving up on defense! Whoo hoo! Baby steps!

I use to shoot a lot when I played. Some days—everything felt good and went in. Other days nothing felt good. So I’d try to drive, get free throws, layups. Carrington has adopted the philosophy of if nothing is falling I better only attempt 3s. He is far better than I ever was but I think I may have been a better decision maker.
Shoot to get hot, shoot to stay hot.

Garcia seems to have little interest in defense.

We have got good looks for Carrington. He just hasn't drained them. We've left about 12 points out there with missed open 3s. Here's to hoping he starts hitting those shots.
Carrington had 10 boards tonight. He has to be able to knock down shots. He doesn't seem to be able to put it on the floor at all.

The positives:
-samuels was not a defensive liability (could be Mississippi State’s offensive game plan which feed the post)

- better FTs

- Cooper injury eels not serious since he was back in the game

Free throws were better tonight! The Ola-Joseph 0 assist streak continues.
14/17(!) By far their best performance of the year, and it’s not close. We’ll see come tomorrow, but they may creep up the FT standings and no longer be second-to-last in the nation in FT%. I mean, I guess it’s something.

Carrington had 10 boards tonight. He has to be able to knock down shots. He doesn't seem to be able to put it on the floor at all.
Gotta hope he doesn't follow Gabe. But, I think he's going to start draining those shots.

Top Bottom