***OFFICIAL MISSISSIPPI ST AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
What cures a bad few games? Beating a ranked team at home. We need some good energy around this program, and it starts with the effort and product on the court.

No excuse for ever being out worked, especially for a team that has less talent.

Just play hard for 40 minutes, that’s the bare necessity to rebuilding this program.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season ticket holder since the mid 1980s. I remember the two Georgia games in Williams. Is this the third game ever (or at least post integration) against a traditional SEC team (Arkansas doesn't count) in the Barn? Can't remember any others since 86-87, but could have forgot.

This will be another great test as MS St is one of the best rebounding teams in the country, along with almost leading the country in steals - they will bring the effort and grit (supposedly our thing).

*they also have the 5th best field goal % defense in the country.

This will be another great test as MS St is one of the best rebounding teams in the country, along with almost leading the country in steals - they will bring the effort and grit (supposedly our thing).

Have you seen them play? I dont know anything about their style (whether they are big, quick, etc). Looking for some inside info.

Season ticket holder since the mid 1980s. I remember the two Georgia games in Williams. Is this the third game ever (or at least post integration) against a traditional SEC team (Arkansas doesn't count) in the Barn? Can't remember any others since 86-87, but could have forgot.
This is tough to answer because so many of the head-to-heads vs these teams were neutral sites and unless you dig deep you can't find that info. I dont see many home games vs SEC teams though

I highly recommend the t-rank site, which is free at https://www.barttorvik.com.

"The other MSU" is #1 in the country in offensive rebounding - that is a strength vs. a weakness as MN is 337th in giving them up.

They do a lot of good things defensively - very high in forcing turnovers and blocking shots, and they don't send opponents to the FT line either.

They are slow-tempo at #323 (MN is #298)

A weakness vs, weakness is FT%: MSU is #341 which is still ahead of MN at #361.

Going to be a slow....defensive battle. Looks like their best player is Tolu Smith. 6'11" senior forward. Going to need Payne to play big and slow him down....because I'm not sure anyone else on the roster can.

I highly recommend the t-rank site, which is free at https://www.barttorvik.com.

"The other MSU" is #1 in the country in offensive rebounding - that is a strength vs. a weakness as MN is 337th in giving them up.

They do a lot of good things defensively - very high in forcing turnovers and blocking shots, and they don't send opponents to the FT line either.

They are slow-tempo at #323 (MN is #298)

A weakness vs, weakness is FT%: MSU is #341 which is still ahead of MN at #361.
Thanks for the link

Who has the bigger upside the men or women's bb team?

Need to keep the turnovers down to compete today. They are going to pressure our guards….

I hope we are going to start Payne. We fell behind with him out at the start. Then we get hammered at the start of the second without him.

How are they against free throws?

Need to keep the turnovers down to compete today. They are going to pressure our guards….

I hope we are going to start Payne. We fell behind with him out at the start. Then we get hammered at the start of the second without him.
they play tough defense, rebound well......this does not bode well for golden gopher basketball.

I doubt the kids cover the spread on this one, but I don't think MS St will shoot as well as Michigan did. Heck, I doubt Michigan ever shoots that well the rest of the season.
Two areas to improve on tonight. Turnovers and rebounding.

Top Bottom