***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WEST VIRGINIA GUARANTEED RATE BOWL IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

There were many seasons when we didn't earn a bowl bid. Then there were seasons when we got a minor bid and lost. Later came some seasons when we expected to win and did. Now we're disappointed if we don't win big. The return of the Gophers? Quite an achievement.

First TD - Irving gets loose on a short pass.

My local HS is hosting a holiday basketball tournament. I'm going to run over and catch the Girls game - scheduled to start at 7:30. at 9:00pm, I'm leaving, no matter what the score is. Based on the two teams' records, it shouldn't be close - but you never know with HS teams.

Oh - one of the boys teams in the tourney is Tracy-Milroy-Balaton, featuring Gopher OL commit Tony Nelson at post. He rolled an ankle pretty bad in the 2nd half, but came back and finished the game. Nelson finished with 24 points. TMB lost to St. James 120-113 in 3OT. A FR PG for TMB scored 44 points.

Good event at The Duce, a few blocks sw, big place, DJ, about 150 here, could fit 600

Just sitting here waiting for the start and thinking if only there was a Gopher Basketball game scheduled for 7:00 tonight. Would have been a great double header.

So, I’ve been on vacation for a week and I’ve been out of the news loop. If KC has agreed not to coach this game, and Sanford is thankfully nowhere near this game plan, this is Simon’s baby tonight??

So, I’ve been on vacation for a week and I’ve been out of the news loop. If KC has agreed not to coach this game, and Sanford is thankfully nowhere near this game plan, this is Simon’s baby tonight??

Yes

Some pregame thoughts before our beloved Gridiron Gophers take the field tonight.
I see Fleck/Simon to use this game as a showcase for next year whereby Morgan will be given the chance to show his passing accuracy. He needs to be successful as Fleck needs to show he is committed to the passing game as this will be a way to pull in a high-end Wr from the transfer portal as that is a big time need for next year and future of the program. We have to get back to promoting our program as a stepping stone to the NFL for Wide Recievers. We have so much talented depth at RB that teams have to play more in the box allowing one on one match ups. I also expect seeing Span Ford tearing it up tonight. He is the one guy we have that is mentally and physically built to go over the middle, but this also keeps our under classmen TE's on board with our program as they are more pass catchers than Pancake blockers. I see Bucky and Ky catching passes out of the backfield tonight. Prediction Morgan throws over 250 yards tonight with 3 TD's. Bucky and Ky combine for 200 yards rushing. Mafe 2 sacks and Wally with an int. Gophers win by 20 in a blowout. Wouldn't this be a nice way to end the year!

Saw where Bucky likes being called "Bucky." Who would have guessed...?

Hoping to see a dominating performance just like 2018 and 2019.

Row the Boat! Ski-U-Mah! Go Gophers!........Rah!

Top Bottom