***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS UMKC SEASON OPENER GAME THREAD***

Unreal ending too.. I'm sure the Badger fans and Bo will say they were screwed.

And fans throwing crap on the floor that causes a delay and a warning.

Hit the announcer in the head with a quarter, if I heard it right.

Keepin' it classy wisconsin.

Anyone know if our game will be replayed at all? Can you watch it on BTN2GO?

It was kind of fun to watch them run up and down the floor. Dorsey will be good in time. Murphy is a good rebounder but looks undersized. Buggs looked like he knew where he was supposed to be on the floor. I think that the B1G season is going to be pretty rough.

Becky with 9 more shots and 6 fewer makes. Could just be a poor shooting night for them?

It's that 30 second shot clock. Their offense is built around needing 35 to get a good shot.

It was kind of fun to watch them run up and down the floor. Dorsey will be good in time. Murphy is a good rebounder but looks undersized. Buggs looked like he knew where he was supposed to be on the floor. I think that the B1G season is going to be pretty rough.

Dorsey did some real nice things out there. Turned the ball over too many times, but had 6 assists and played lockdown D on Harrison.

Didn't see the game tonight seemed like a slow start and got better as the game went on. Looking forward to being able to watch the Gophers play Sunday.

Did gophers get anything from Konate or Diedhiou?

On offense no. But Konate looked great on defense and on the boards in limited minutes in the first half. In the second half Pitino went small to spread the floor and the bigs didn't play. Konate is going to be good. I think Buggs may play some back up center minutes as the year goes on- he's an imposing shot blocker now that he has a little bit of meat on his bones.

On offense no. But Konate looked great on defense and on the boards in limited minutes in the first half. In the second half Pitino went small to spread the floor and the bigs didn't play. Konate is going to be good. I think Buggs may play some back up center minutes as the year goes on- he's an imposing shot blocker now that he has a little bit of meat on his bones.

Did Konate or Gaston play in the 2nd half? I'm worried Konate may have aggravated his injury...

Did Konate or Gaston play in the 2nd half? I'm worried Konate may have aggravated his injury...

Neither played. Pitino said that he just went small because of the type of defense that UMKC was playing. He wanted to spread the floor with speed. He made no mention of injury.

Both did not play in the second half. Pitino said he opted to go with a small lineup to counter the zone offense that UMKC was playing. It allowed them to spread out the defense and it proved to be pretty effective for our offense.

He then took that small offense for a ride and UMKC struggled to adapt to the small lineup. I wouldn't be worried about Konate.

He didn't. Pitino said he wanted to go small to generate more offense, which it did.

Dorsey did some real nice things out there. Turned the ball over too many times, but had 6 assists and played lockdown D on Harrison.

Dorsey had 7 turnovers. Needs to clean that up but his defense was promising.

Mason quietly stuffed the stat sheet even with an off shooting night. 7 assists to 1 turnover.

Joey King is becoming automatic when he's got an open look, easily our best shooter.

Despite the seven turnovers mentioned above, the Gophers best team has Mason and Dorsey on the floor at the same time. Dorsey was incredible on the ball tonight.

I think McBrayer will be good as well. And yes, Buggs had some game tonight. But I know its a ruse...

Buggs is just now being relied on to start and step up as a RS Jr. He is very talented. Have some faith. I like Buggs and King playing together now. They can both score it.

I sprung for the team BTNPlus to watch the game. It was rough early but we picked it up.

The freshman that played a lot (Dorsey, Murphy, and McBrayer) will be really good players in Pitino's system. Dorsey could be a lockdown defender, incredible footwork.

I have been a huge hater of him, but Joey King did look automatic from deep.

Morris looked much more comfortable and was making good decisions.

We will struggle to score if the 3's aren't falling and will be out rebounded often in the BIG. Long year but I am hopeful for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom