***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS UMKC SEASON OPENER GAME THREAD***

0-10 from 3. 17-8 UMKC

I still think we win. I'd guess our shooting won't stay this cold. I'm just listening on the radio feed though, so I can't see how the offense is working.

MAKE THAT 1-11 FROM THREE, LET'S GO GOPHS!

Eh. It was only 15 before. But this is brutal.

I get it...totally. I just think we better be prepared for games like this. Sounds like we're getting good shots, just not going down. I still think this group could surprise some people. (I hope!)

Listening to the audio stream on the Tunein app. The commercials that run right over the live action are driving me nuts.

McBreyer and Dorsey give me some hope. But B1G teams are going to kill us on the boards.

Do you think UMKC calls their team leaders Captain Kangaroo?

We started off shooting 4-20 from the field, 10-13 since. 0-10 from 3, 6-7 since.

Took game one half to play some 3 guard lineups.

Has Murphy played yet? I haven't heard his name.

UMKC is up to about 8 or 9 threes now. The non-Harrison guard must have 20 pts.

Live by the 3 and die by the 3. Thankfully the Gophers have been draining threes after halftime.

I like the line-up with Dorsey, Mason, Morris, King and Buggs a lot. They should start whenever possible, realizing there are some match-ups it won't work (Purdue, etc.)

Can't watch so I'm looking forward to your guys' post game analysis.

20 points for Joey King! 58-44 Gophers

Anyone watching the Badgers while listening? Defensively, this is as bad as I can remember seeing them play. Western Illinois up 5 with 7:45 left.

Anyone watching the Badgers while listening? Defensively, this is as bad as I can remember seeing them play. Western Illinois up 5 with 7:45 left.

Becky with 9 more shots and 6 fewer makes. Could just be a poor shooting night for them?

Kevin Dorsey's on ball D has been awesome.

Good to hear. Only Gopher action I've seen so far was the exhibition game that he was suspended for. Coaches and fans have said he's seriously quick, and I'm eager to see him again. Haven't seen him since I went to an EYBL event that he was at about a year and a half ago.

"Something called Ethan Happ with 4," - Spencer Tollackson

LOL

Becky with 9 more shots and 6 fewer makes. Could just be a poor shooting night for them?

Their lack of awareness on D is glaring...Western Ill has made about 5 uncontested 3s and a few lay ups with Vadgers just standing there and watching.

They lack the shooters they used to have, so who knows.

Good to hear. Only Gopher action I've seen so far was the exhibition game that he was suspended for. Coaches and fans have said he's seriously quick, and I'm eager to see him again. Haven't seen him since I went to an EYBL event that he was at about a year and a half ago.

He's been on Martez Harrison, who was an honorable mention all-american last year, and has held him to 5 points. He's just as quick as Deandre but bigger with longer arms.

He's been on Martez Harrison, who was an honorable mention all-american last year, and has held to to 5 points. He's just as quick as Deandre but bigger with longer arms.

thank god, because he might have had the shortest arms in history.

Top Bottom