***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS TEMPLE IN-GAME THREAD***

Diedhiou doesn't look ready for meaningful minutes at all. When I watch him, he looks so unsure of where he should be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hate to say it, but if he doesn't experience some rapid development this season, he might need to transfer to see any minutes going forward. Next season Konate and Lynch will man the 5, with Buggs, Murphy, and Curry getting minutes at PF.

Are they using a longer 3 point line in this tournament? Experimentally or something?

The outside line is the international line. The inner one is the one they are using for this tournament and is the college line.

Are they using a longer 3 point line in this tournament? Experimentally or something?

Nevermind - they just clarified - seems the officials called 2 shots 2 where behind the first line 2s. They overturnned Temple's. Mason's at 11:24 should have been ruled a 3 as well.

Buggs positions himself with for defensive rebounds better than anyone

Hate to say it, but if he doesn't experience some rapid development this season, he might need to transfer to see any minutes going forward. Next season Konate and Lynch will man the 5, with Buggs, Murphy, and Curry getting minutes at PF.

We need to keep him around for next year so it opens another spot up for the class of 17 instead trying to find a Spring replacement.

We need to keep him around for next year so it opens another spot up for the class of 17 instead trying to find a Spring replacement.

Yeah we could always bank it too. But I get what you are saying, better to have depth. I'm just saying he might see the writing on the wall and may want to find a situation where he can play more.

as a whole we aren't finding that extra pass yet.

King needs to make a shot

Yeah we could always bank it too. But I get what you are saying, better to have depth. I'm just saying he might see the writing on the wall and may want to find a situation where he can play more.

Id keep him around if possible. He's young in eligibility and old in age. Physically he could be pretty imposing by his senior year. If he develops even a little bit could at least be an advantage there.

Kind of a weak foul on Mason IMO. On replay I don't think he touched him.

McBrayer is such a unique player. In one regard he reminds me of Austin Hollins, since he is lanky and has the ability to be a stat stuffer (he already has a nice blocked shot today). On the otherhand he is quick and has the handles to play PG. He is still pretty raw, but I think by next season he'll be a really dangerous player for us.

Good D to close out the half. Hope we hit a few more shots in the 2nd and get out with a close win.

Lot of dribbling. 2 assists on 8 field goals (non of which I recall being put backs).

I think we're ok. Leading scorer has ZERO. That can't continue.

Not really moving the ball. No interior passing. Carlos and Nate were looking for their shots, then everybody started doing it.

Good defense.

2.5 games in, Buggs is the biggest positive for me. Looks like he is going to be a legit contributor and help solidify the front court.

Painful to watch. It took me 5 minutes to turn it off in the second half. This is a transition season and there appears to be better players coming in next year, but the way Temple is exploiting the Minnesota defense with screens is surgical. Can't be mad, just frustrated.

2nd half D as been poor. has to tighten up. need to battle here. this is a crucial stretch.

Morris should never attempt another floater. They are so damn ugly and barely touch the rim.

Mason can only do so much. Without him scoring this team is going to struggle.

bad time for that shot and led to a run out on the other end. sure Pitino will let him know that. tighten up Gophers....this is a winnable game

Top Bottom