***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Syracuse (GAME THREAD)

Come on people. We won! Was it ugly? Yes. But we won. Good lord. There's 20 pages of bitching when we're losing but no positivity when we pull out a great OT win.

Get a grip people.

Now...it's time to look at film and improve. There is lots of room for improvement.

Well, that was draining! Glad to come out with a win instead of "oh, no not again!"

We wasted too many opportunities on offense, it sure took a long time to get the ball to Decker.

But I'm happy with the win, I'm a little jittery from the adrenaline. I prefer wins that are a little less exciting! :D I did like that the defense shut them down in the second half.

Go Gophers!

A win is a win. Last year we had to win on the last play in the first game and it springboarded us to the streak to start the season

Was just looking at the stats. We finished with 360 yards of offense while Syracuse finished with 257, so the defense did a nice job of adjusting in the second half for sure.

On offense, I personally feel like we need to give Bennett more touches. After that, Weber needs to learn how to hit open guys.

Happy with the win, there's a lot to improve on. But I don't think there's a team in America that doesn't say that after week one. We just really need to focus and work hard from here on out.

Is there still time to change Weber's throwing motion back to the way it was before? He did look quite a bit better that last drive, but it was still brutal for most of the game.

Was just looking at the stats. We finished with 360 yards of offense while Syracuse finished with 257, so the defense did a nice job of adjusting in the second half for sure.

On offense, I personally feel like we need to give Bennett more touches. After that, Weber needs to learn how to hit open guys.

Happy with the win, there's a lot to improve on. But I don't think there's a team in America that doesn't say that after week one. We just really need to focus and work hard from here on out.

I'd like to give Bennett more touches too, and actually the running O was pretty good at times. Gotta hope his shoulder isn't hurt too bad.

Never been more dissapointed in my rubes. Step away from the computer...take a deep breath. Enjoy the season...It was not a great win. But it was a win. Step away from the ledge that was the first half. No we should not fire Cosgrove after six series. No we should not fire Fisch after six series...deep breaths...and no Grey should not be starting yet. The ebb and the flow of a season and a game will go on. Just enjoy the ride. We don't have reason for eternal optimism, but what is it about minnesotans that makes us think that as soon as things turn for the worse we should run like lemmings to the cliff and jump off...we will get better...

A win is a win. It was ugly but we kept with it and kept our composure. Weber looked like the Weber of old on that final drive and our D came up with a huge play when we needed it. I think Bennett needs to be the guy running the ball he was definitely the most effective of the bunch. Did Hayo even get a snap on O? And finally...

LETS GO N. ILLINOIS!!!

Eskridge is not the answer and Weber's talent level isn't matching his experience level.......

Offensive Line

Good job by the defense. Horrible job by the O-Line.

O-line did a nice job on the game-tying drive. They kept Weber upright and it paid off with key completions and first downs. And no false starts!

I think we've got a real asset in Ellestad. The game-winner is a great start in his first game. He drilled it.

the reason brew called the timeout before the kick was because when the kicked missed the previous kick he wasnt ready because the right people werent on the field. so brew was making sure we had time. one thing i dont get is why we dont throw more quick slants?? all our passes are either to deep or on the sideline. also we should have done some qb draws especially on that 3rd and 4 by the goaline instead of that fade.

FBS team, on the road.

I wouldn't go so far to say that either team should feel good about their wins though.

Well, IMO we beat a better team but the key is we blocked 2 consecutive field goal attempts. When does that happen? Plus we're winning the close games again. Ferentz will make the adjustments and we'll get better.

Today's Hawkeye Win = '06 Gopher W vs. NDSU

Well, IMO we beat a better team but the key is we blocked 2 consecutive field goal attempts. When does that happen? Plus we're winning the close games again. Ferentz will make the adjustments and we'll get better.

Needed a blocked FG @ home to win. Gopher fans should not be running any smack against Iowa, as much pleasure as that normally brings . . . ;-).

Actually good for the conference. An "L" would have been bad. Any "W" is good.

Only a dumbsh*t Hawkeye fan would think nearly losing to Northern Iowa at home trumps beating a BCS team on the road. Iowa should change its state motto to, "Exaggeration!"

Both teams looked like complete crap today, but does UNI even play in a division? Or is it just a club team?

Only a dumbsh*t Hawkeye fan would think nearly losing to Northern Iowa at home trumps beating a BCS team on the road.

Aren't you the guy that predicted Ferentz wouldn't win 9 games again? Dumbsh*t? Pot meet kettle.
UNI would finish in the middle of the BT this year. Would Syracuse?

You have to be "f"ing kidding me...

UNI would finish in the middle of the BT this year. Would Syracuse?

Middle of the Big Ten? I think it's time for you to retract that statement, or this is a clear contenteder for "Gross exaggeration of the Year, non ESPN divison."

Call me delusional but I'm happy with this win today. Absolutely have to play better next week or we lose. But I loved watching the Gophs march down the field on that last drive when they absolutely had to . Like it or not, there is a lot of new stuff going on this year with the two coordinators and that's Brewster's fault IMO, not the players. It would be nice not to have the third new O coordinator in four years but the fact is we do. So, its not going to be a perfect transition even if we are all fed up of the changes and want it to be because we've seen this before. I like a win on the road anytime we can get it.

Top Bottom