***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD***

I don't know where to put this and I'm curious. Do you guys think Jordan Murphy is a top tier big man in the Big10 right now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

no.

He's doing all of this purely on size and quickness. Given a good post defender, he would/does struggle to score 1 on 1. He's outjumping/out-hustling the competition for his points.

he's an awesome player to have for our style though. Penetration and dishes will be his bread and butter along with putbacks after someone clears the lane on a drive.

I don't care for him to be a top tier big man, I think he's the biggest piece of our success already today and going forward for the next 3 years. His quick jumpnig ability might net him a role on an NBA team some day as well.

Mason having the best stretch of play he's ever had and we want him to change roles... I think I remember this with another certain combo guard.....

Pitino, early in his time here, stated he wanted to have options to bring the ball down the court. Next year he'll have 4 maybe 5.

Mason
McBrayer
Dorsey
Coffey
Fitz (I know nothing about his handles/ability to advance the ball)

At least 4 of those 5 COULD confidently handle pg, that's an awesome problem to have.

If you want to have a real run and gun offense you need more than just the PG to be able to push the ball on the break. With Lynch and Murphy rebounding, it's perfect to have three options for the outlet pass to lead the break with whoever doesn't get the pass flying down the wing and the bigs being the trailers.

I just see this as Pitino's recruiting fitting into the style of play he wants. With a little luck we can get a talented athletic big in the next class or two.

I don't know where to put this and I'm curious. Do you guys think Jordan Murphy is a top tier big man in the Big10 right now?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He I surprising most the Big Ten with his effort and jumping ability. It will get harder for him as the conference gets more tape and adjusts to defense him. He does seem to have the right level confidence and power potential to muscle through this as he develops. Definitely could have Mbawkwe type career here though. Next year he may be considered top tier.

He I surprising most the Big Ten with his effort and jumping ability. It will get harder for him as the conference gets more tape and adjusts to defense him. He does seem to have the right level confidence and power potential to muscle through this as he develops. Definitely could have Mbawkwe type career here though. Next year he may be considered top tier.

Part of his thing is how well he moves without the ball. If he can continue to make himself available for passes on cuts, he should be able to get to the basket often. Dorsey is showing increasing chemistry with him on the drive and dish.

McBrayer has pg instincts, I have yet to see Dorsey with those. Can he get assists in a halfcourt game against a good team. Anyone can get one in a fast break situation. Dorsey plays pg because he might be 6' tall. He is Westbrook 2.0.

Top Tier Big Men in Big Ten:
D. Stone
Hammonds
R. Carter
Diop
Swanigan

**Uhtoff- plays inside and out.

I would agree he is not top 5, but he is top 10. He could be a top 5 next year with someone like D. Davis at Mich St.

McBrayer has pg instincts, I have yet to see Dorsey with those. Can he get assists in a halfcourt game against a good team. Anyone can get one in a fast break situation. Dorsey plays pg because he might be 6' tall. He is Westbrook 2.0.

Top Tier Big Men in Big Ten:
D. Stone
Hammonds
R. Carter
Diop
Swanigan

**Uhtoff- plays inside and out.

I would agree he is not top 5, but he is top 10. He could be a top 5 next year with someone like D. Davis at Mich St.

Really? Dorsey has had some pretty impressive assists lately. Just had a beautiful no look pass to Murphy (I believe) the other night.

Sure is nice to see all of the positive discussion on player improvement. They are still young, but it is nice to see them fix several of their weaknesses that were causing them to losing games earlier in the season.

So, I guess Pitino may not be as bad at recruiting and developing players as many loud mouths have suggested. The changes show that Pitino is obviously a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the last 5 games, Dorsey has 10 assists and 6 turnovers in about 20 min per game. So he has improved but 5 assists of those came against a horribly bad Rutgers team at home. Rutgers may be one of the worst teams in all of the big 6 conferences.

I am not saying Dorsey isn't valuable, I am just reiterating that it is nice to have a player in McBrayer who has SG size who can play the point for future seasons next to Dorsey.

McBrayer has 68 assists to 32 turnovers. Over a 2-1 ass to turnover ratio is very good for a freshmen.

Top Bottom