***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS QUINNIPIAC NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The various odds are really interesting. They show what observers are thinking. There are several tabs at this link.

Reading between the tea leaves, Minnesota is the favorite.

Over under is 6.5. Both teams likely to score 2+ goals.

Minnesota likely to score first and last.

Odds suggest Quinnipiac could win by only one (or with an empty net) or Minnesota could win by one or by 3 more.

Minnesota goals vs opponents last two games: 10-3

Quinnipiac goals vs opponents last two games: 9-3

Is Minnesota considered the Home team for this game? I would think so as the higher seed.

I'm going to the game today so it would be good to know! Anywhere specific Gopher fans are congregating during (or before) the game today?

Is Minnesota considered the Home team for this game? I would think so as the higher seed.

I'm going to the game today so it would be good to know! Anywhere specific Gopher fans are congregating during (or before) the game today?
Yes we're the home team.

5:45 PM ET Red carpet Arrivals- outside Amalie Arena - Thunder Alley followed by pep rally.
6:00 -8:00 PM ET Gopher Fan Gathering at Splitsville prior to arrival at arena
We are the home team.
Go Gophers!

Not sure how to best deal with the neutral zone trap. Maybe skate sideways and pass back and over and bring more attackers in away from the first player trapped? Simply use speed and burn them? Dump and chase? If someone can explain how Gophers should best play this game, please offer some clues.
The problem with the trap is that when it's broken it can easily result in a 2 on 1 breakaway. (1) Our forward skates the puck along the boards out of our zone, (2) their forwards move to set the trap meaning they slant towards our foward's side of the rink, (3) our forward drops the puck back to our Defenseman, (4) who can now make an open pass to our other winger who is breaking along the other side of the rink. (5) that winger and our center then have a 2 on 1 with their Defenseman. This takes skate speed on the part of the second foward, but to use your basketball analogy, this is basically breaking a full-court press to get an easy layup. The key is the pass out of our zone made in step 4. Hit the foward 'in stride" and the 2 on 1 breakway is on.

Last edited:

Couldn't find a sofa on the boulevard, so I guess I'll have to head to Ikea. Does one have to put it together if I want to use it as a bonfire base on campus?

Again, asking for a friend.

Thank you Minnesota for turning out! I'm sure that helps the boys during the game. This is exciting!

Bring it home!

Prepping for 60 minutes of chest clutching and pseudo-controlled panic.

See if the Gophers can keep up with the 25 year old International pros.

Here we go. Let's go Gophers. One for the thumb!

TV vibe seems they’re trying to frame it David vs Goliath. Doh’kay.

Still have that disgusting w at the Gopher bench. Ish.

Top Bottom