***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PRINCETON ASHEVILLE CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Missing FT, turning it over, not playing anyone on the bench. Those things are all true. Nor sure why we should be happy/positive about them?
You do know that this team isn't an NCAA tourney team, right?

Wasn't sure they were going to have the gas to get it done....but that was a gutsy effort. Willis and Battle are sharpshooters. Liked the aggressiveness by Sutherlin too.

And I got a little lucky....with OT pushing the second half over 71.

Not mentioning free throws but need to get more/better looks from three range. Princeton forced us into an ugly game so need to figure out how to counter that.

45% from the foul line. Left about 14 points out there. Really shaky against a press, showing a desperate need for a point guard. Isaiah Washington where are you? 😏
Yep, winning these three is nice. Perhaps we pull out a game or two in the B1G. Looking for Ben to simply establish culture. Certainly these kids played solid defense.
Seeing that trophy makes me want to take a trip to Asheville and go kayaking.

In addition to kayaking......go there for the craft beer. Very under-rated in that aspect.

Going to be a tough year, but great to see them off to a 3-0 start. You can tell it is a very experienced team. Battle looks like the real deal.
It will be, but we need to celebrate all the Ws and that our coaches have a plan/clue and are implementing - think of where we can be in a few years!

A couple of observations (and, no, I won't mention free throws):

-- Amazing that no Gopher fouled out in that game

-- Sutherlin should play more than he does; Stephens is OK but Sutherlin has more all around game

-- I really like Luke Loewe. He's a solid blue collar player with a great motor. He fights through screens very well.

-- Johnson is going to have to figure out how to get a couple more players in there for additional minutes; as much as I'm impressed by the team gutting through 50 minutes tonight mostly with only 7 players, doing that in the Big Ten is going to be far worse.

How bad is Treyton Thompson to not crack this lineup?
Didn’t he sign with Pitino?

45% from the foul line. Left about 14 points out there. Really shaky against a press, showing a desperate need for a point guard. Isaiah Washington where are you? 😏
Yep, winning these three is nice. Perhaps we pull out a game or two in the B1G. Looking for Ben to simply establish culture. Certainly these kids played solid defense.
Seeing that trophy makes me want to take a trip to Asheville and go kayaking.

A game or two? We get Northwestern and Penn State both twice. Nebraska is on the schedule as well. I would think they'll win a few in the Big Ten. Battle and Willis will have some superman games.

Anyways.....get back to work, guys. Improve your best!

I'm pretty impressed with what the coaches and these players have done with what they have. I'm guessing this will be a 75% FT shooting team this year so that part of tonight is an anomaly. Nice win!

I still think this will be a really tough season but I appreciate the effort and they are playing some pretty good basketball. I am happy to see this for Ben and it shows he can make the most out of what he has.

Top Bottom