***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PRINCETON ASHEVILLE CHAMPIONSHIP IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
The start of the season has been important for confidence building. We played really well for 30 or so minutes against WKU and hung on for the W.

Now we have a chance for the first ‘chip under Ben Johnson. We need to hopefully get more from our bench as we tend to struggle down the stretch, as strong as Curry played, we probably can’t count on 30+ minutes a game out of him.

Let’s get Battle and Willis going early, defend hard and rebound aggressively.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we lucked out with the matchup against Princeton. SC could have bullied us down low. Quite frankly, they could have done the same against Princeton but chose to miss a bunch of ill-advised 3-pt shots. It'll be interesting to see how WKY looks against SC before our game.

Princeton’s leading scorer is Jaelin Llewelyn, a 4 star point guard who turned down the Gophers and several other high major offers to go to Princeton. He was from the 2018 class, back when we had Oturu, Omersa, and Kalscheur committed and were looking for a ball handler from out of state to finish off the class. He averaged 15 points a game in 2019-20. Looks like Princeton, and I assume the whole Ivy League, didn’t play last season.

Princeton’s leading scorer is Jaelin Llewelyn, a 4 star point guard who turned down the Gophers and several other high major offers to go to Princeton. He was from the 2018 class, back when we had Oturu, Omersa, and Kalscheur committed and were looking for a ball handler from out of state to finish off the class. He averaged 15 points a game in 2019-20. Looks like Princeton, and I assume the whole Ivy League, didn’t play last season.
The Ivies didn’t play last season.

The start of the season has been important for confidence building. We played really well for 30 or so minutes against WKU and hung on for the W.

Now we have a chance for the first ‘chip under Ben Johnson. We need to hopefully get more from our bench as we tend to struggle down the stretch, as strong as Curry played, we probably can’t count on 30+ minutes a game out of him.

Let’s get Battle and Willis going early, defend hard and rebound aggressively.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW Stan were you behind bars this weekend? We waited all day for you to get us started.

Just keep winning the games that we should. This team already shows way more offensive flow than any Pitino team....and might not be as bad as some of us think.
I think you’re overvaluing wins against UMKC and WKU. I still think they finish dead last in the B1G. I’m excited to watch tonight

I think you’re overvaluing wins against UMKC and WKU. I still think they finish dead last in the B1G. I’m excited to watch tonight

I'm definitely not. But there are a lot of teams that have lost headscratchers so far. Taking care of teams that we SHOULD beat is a good sign. And there are a couple of other pretty bad teams in the Big Ten. Rutgers needed OT to beat Lehigh and only put up 48 points on Merrimack. Nebraska lost to the Western Illinois Leathernecks. I'm not expecting a whole lot of B10 wins.....but it wouldn't surprise me if the Gophers didn't finish last.

I like that drop step Curry has used multiple times to create space and score inside. He is doing much better at protecting the ball tonight as well.

Man they gotta get more then 7 guys some run….they are dog tired already

Well, we're going to contend for the BIG. Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams just said, "Both of these teams are good teams." Everyone knows Roy is a straight shooter, as honest as the day is long so it's not just some BS he's spouting.

Sunderlin playing real well. Getting to the rim.

Top Bottom