***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MINNESOTA ST IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Here we are, Gophers are on fire as Motzko has us peaking!!

A Frozen Four bid is on the line!!

GET ‘ER DONE MOTZKO!!!!!!!!!

It’s gonna be a repeat of last night, just on the opposite side.

Now on penalty kill.

Yeek

Two kind of weak goals by Mankato. Regardless, Mankato has come to play hockey. Hopefully 2nd period will be better.

Worst period of hockey I've seen the Gophers play this year. I didn't see the UW series at Mariucci, and some credit goes to Mankato here, but the Gophers clearly didn't bring their A game yet.

Good grief. Clearly not jelling together as a team. One period to go. Clearly need to get everyone on board for one period anyway. Looking for a high flying third but without so many mishaps.

I feel like the Gophers started to gain some momentum at the end of the period. Gotta get that first one fairly quickly, I think.

I feel like the Gophers started to gain some momentum at the end of the period. Gotta get that first one fairly quickly, I think.
You're correct except that we didn't have solid shots on goal. They seemed to have suffocated us. We would work it in, but then we'd kind of falter.

Normally I'd be panicking...but now crying (okay whining) seems more appropriate.
Probably not a popular take, UMD is my primary team (went to school there) with gophers 1.b, so I still got chance for joy

Scsu or mankato would be ok consolation, but not at expense of gophers. I still like what motzko is doing with team

Motzko is turning this program around. Mankato is a good team as their record shows. Tough to lose to them especially when for some reason we clearly weren't clicking. Gopher players watching Mankato celebrating is tough to swallow. Hopefully that will be some motivation for 21-22.

What a terrible game. That was a butt kicking that should not happen. Embarrassing!

Power play was 0-post season: tonight it was needed for a jump start—hard to advance when a critical element is missing.

Top Bottom