***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MICHIGAN, MAROON OUT GAME IN-GAME THREAD***

Pitino on 1500..........didn't foul like team was told to towad the end of game....team fought back well.....told the team they're not a good 3 pt shooting team need to drive to the basket....Murph, Mason Mcbrayer looked better...michigan a good team....these guys are fighting....we'll break through

You're crying now just like I used to cry before....................................

tell it to the rain.

That is the critical question. I doubt we will get a direct answer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Why do they lose intensity?

Two things:

1. Leadership on the floor. Our upper class men are Buggs, King and Morris- do I need to say more?

2. Missing shot after shot is going to suck some of the intensity out of any player. Right now the guys taking shots are young guys for the most part and the shots are not falling. It takes the air out of the crowd and out of the team. In the second half when they were able to score the defense got better with it. Ideally, players wouldn't let poor offense affect defense but these guys are young and don't have floor leadership or confidence. It's amazing that they are hanging in there like they are while in the process of losing 13 straight games.

Coaches cannot teach these qualities ....However they can recruit them and Ricky has failed at that.

The juniors and seniors who would have those qualities and lead with those qualities- those guys should have been Tubby's recruits and he left NOTHING in those two classes. King was recruited by Pitino to fill a hole and the same with Morris.

The guys that Pitino has been recruiting- Mason is getting there. Dorsey is going to be a tough kid. So are Murphy and McBrayer. Konate has a ways to go. He's recruiting mentally tough kids. Not enough of them are on the floor yet and the ones that are, are young. Your analysis is weak and completely lacks context.

The juniors and seniors who would have those qualities and lead with those qualities- those guys should have been Tubby's recruits and he left NOTHING in those two classes. King was recruited by Pitino to fill a hole and the same with Morris.

The guys that Pitino has been recruiting- Mason is getting there. Dorsey is going to be a tough kid. So are Murphy and McBrayer. Konate has a ways to go. He's recruiting mentally tough kids. Not enough of them are on the floor yet and the ones that are, are young. Your analysis is weak and completely lacks context.

Agreed. that is why you don't see Morris and King starting, they are not leaders.
I think a leader on the floor is very important to a team, maybe more so than the coach.

Nice that they came back and made it a game and made it worth attending for the paying fans, but the terrible defense and lack of consistent effort and intensity are troubling and maddening. We're regularly getting outworked by superior teams, which of course explains the Gophers' record.

On the positive side, Dorsey was sent in to shut Walton down, and he was successful. Walton did not score a blessed point when Dorsey was in the game. I really feel good when he's in there.

Glad you responded to someone.

Nice that they came back and made it a game and made it worth attending for the paying fans, but the terrible defense and lack of consistent effort and intensity are troubling and maddening. We're regularly getting outworked by superior teams, which of course explains the Gophers' record.

On the positive side, Dorsey was sent in to shut Walton down, and he was successful. Walton did not score a blessed point when Dorsey was in the game. I really feel good when he's in there.

Interesting tid-bit.

We might have gotten outworked in the first half by Michigan. However, a much bigger issue is that ability to shoot the ball. Michigan got 30 more points than us last night on 3 point shots. 30. Plenty of those shots were well guarded- yes some of them were guys not closing out on their man quick enough but that is going to happen some in a game. We get those same open looks and can't hit them. Some of it is guys just losing confidence. Buggs is a good 3 point shooter and cannot make anything right now. King is not shooting as well. Mason is not shooting the threes well and that's our good shooters.

The bottom line is that this is the worst season in Gopher Men’s Basketball history.

I don't know about that, but it gets my vote for the worst since the 1992-93 season, when I became a season-ticket holder. It's now passed Monson's final group (2006-07).

The bottom line is that this is the worst season in Gopher Men’s Basketball history.

1. It's not over yet.
2. I don't view this season as the worst because of the construction of the roster. This is a young team with a lot of potential that is playing hard and learning. The worst seasons I have watched- going back to the 1970's are the teams with older guys that just didn't perform. When you are watching those teams, and the effort isn't there and the developing hasn't happened, that's really discouraging because you know that you have to watch it AND the ensuing rebuild year. This year I feel that we are a year away from really being a fun team that can compete with anybody.

I don't know about that, but it gets my vote for the worst since the 1992-93 season, when I became a season-ticket holder. It's now passed Monson's final group (2006-07).

It's close that team won more games, but I remember feeling hopeless about the future with that team. Seemed like Monson's last squad the upperclassmen were the only contributers. Tubby really brought a fire back to the program his first year. He does deserve credit for coaching guys like Abu-Shamala, Westbrook and Johnson up and turning them into good players. At least with this bunch it's like the 99 twins, they suck, but you can see some nice young talent for the future. Weather or not it will come together is what's going to decide Pitino's fate as a big ten coach

It's close that team won more games, but I remember feeling hopeless about the future with that team. Seemed like Monson's last squad the upperclassmen were the only contributers. Tubby really brought a fire back to the program his first year. He does deserve credit for coaching guys like Abu-Shamala, Westbrook and Johnson up and turning them into good players. At least with this bunch it's like the 99 twins, they suck, but you can see some nice young talent for the future. Weather or not it will come together is what's going to decide Pitino's fate as a big ten coach

All good points. I'm basing judgment on worst team, nothing else. Not what is or isn't the presumed future potential of the team.

All good points. I'm basing judgment on worst team, nothing else. Not what is or isn't the presumed future potential of the team.

Fair enough, from a pure win loss stand point it will probably be this team. Although there's still time sweep Rutgers, score another upset somewhere win on Super Wednesday. A daunting task, but one never knows

1. It's not over yet.
2. I don't view this season as the worst because of the construction of the roster. This is a young team with a lot of potential that is playing hard and learning. The worst seasons I have watched- going back to the 1970's are the teams with older guys that just didn't perform. When you are watching those teams, and the effort isn't there and the developing hasn't happened, that's really discouraging because you know that you have to watch it AND the ensuing rebuild year. This year I feel that we are a year away from really being a fun team that can compete with anybody.

Who were these worse teams in the 1970's with older guys who didn't perform? I haven't seen anything close to being as horrible as this year. It's damn near impossible to start a conference slate 0-12. Somehow they have done it.

Who were these worse teams in the 1970's with older guys who didn't perform? I haven't seen anything close to being as horrible as this year. It's damn near impossible to start a conference slate 0-12. Somehow they have done it.

I phrased that wrongly- my watching goes back to the 70's- there were no teams like this in the 70's. In the 80's Dutch a had a couple of lackluster teams and in the 80's Clem's first team was horrid- way worse than this one. But like this squad there was a future because the guys were young.

The squads that have bothered me the most were those that were comprised of experienced players who just didn't seem to put out the effort or gel for whatever reason- I can't name them off, most likely because no one remembers them that well.

This year hasn't bothered me that much because I see young players who are developing. Last night they outplayed Michigan in every way except that we can't hit 3's like they did. Seven turnovers with 3 frosh and 2 sophs on the floor much of the game- that's really good-for example. I'm seeing effort and seeing good things. The record- yeah it's historically bad.

1. It's not over yet.
So last year must have been your Waterloo! [emoji33]

I must say even with not a full crowd the Barn still gets pretty loud during key moments. I wouldn't trade the Barn for anything.

I must say even with not a full crowd the Barn still gets pretty loud during key moments. I wouldn't trade the Barn for anything.

The Simon Says guy said that we had the best fans in the nation last night. I saw him at the Duke game this year, and he said the same thing to their fans, but our game is after their's, so our claim is more updated than the Duke game, and NO WAY was the Simon Says guy lying last night or pandering to the crowd. He wouldn't do that.

Go Gophers!!

The Simon Says guy said that we had the best fans in the nation last night. I saw him at the Duke game this year, and he said the same thing to their fans, but our game is after their's, so our claim is more updated than the Duke game, and NO WAY was the Simon Says guy lying last night or pandering to the crowd. He wouldn't do that.

Go Gophers!!

What he called Duke the best fans in the country, NO WAY!!!

I found the full game on youtube and WTF was the call on the and 1 that made it 77-72 against Morris? Morris held his arms straight up and didn't lean into the guy and still gets called?

I wouldn't blame the refs for the lose but they sure made it easier yesterday at the end of the game for Michigan.

I found the full game on youtube and WTF was the call on the and 1 that made it 77-72 against Morris? Morris held his arms straight up and didn't lean into the guy and still gets called?

I wouldn't blame the refs for the lose but they sure made it easier yesterday at the end of the game for Michigan.

That call was absolute garbage. I feel like BT refs can't handle seeing any contact in the air even if the defender is just jumping straight up and the offensive player is jumping into him.

That call was absolute garbage. I feel like BT refs can't handle seeing any contact in the air even if the defender is just jumping straight up and the offensive player is jumping into him.

https://youtu.be/wyTwD8WZnNo

This is the foul call, if anything Rockman used his arm to push out, but that would be a weak call also.

It's incredible that the refs can make a call that late that can cost a team the game.

Last year was more frustrating.

Agreed teams like last year's or the 02-03, squad that have the talent and for whatever reason it doesn't come together bother me the most. 03-04 is probably the most frustrating gopher team I've ever watched Kris Humpheries, Boone, Hargrove, Bauer I think was hurt, Jeff Hagen, Ben Johnson, may have been a senior that year. There was talent there and they went 3-13 in the league

Top Bottom