***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD***

If you're going to do something do it big. Congrats to the team, and here's to this being the tipping point for good things in the future.

He is frustrating at times but gotta love the emotion. Thank you Joey for everything you've done for the program.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Holy ****. One of the best post game interviews I've ever seen. Make him a grad assistant next year!

Man I hope this win is finally the turning point we have all been waiting for.

Adios Carlos. It's bedlam @ the barn! Happy 4 Joey and maybe some of you negative " fans " can get off his case. Amazing I am not reading a bunch of fire Pitino posts. This team and the coaching have improved and we all realize they have a long ways to go to be consistent. Still it's time to enjoy this W.

Wow! If you had to wait this long for a win, you couldn't ask for a better one.

Maryland stepped up the defensive pressure in the second half and the offense struggled, but the defense never wavered. The Gophers have become a really solid defensive team. Joey's post game interview was great. I only wish that he had fought for rebounds earlier in his career like he has recently.

If I were an NBA GM, I'd definitely consider picking up Suliamon later in the 1st round if I had the opportunity.

Adios Carlos. It's bedlam @ the barn! Happy 4 Joey and maybe some of you negative " fans " can get off his case. Amazing I am not reading a bunch of fire Pitino posts. This team and the coaching have improved and we all realize they have a long ways to go to be consistent. Still it's time to enjoy this W.

You realize the game ended 20 minutes ago? Plenty of time still for the boo birds to come out...

Wow! If you had to wait this long for a win, you couldn't ask for a better one.

Maryland stepped up the defensive pressure in the second half and the offense struggled, but the defense never wavered. The Gophers have become a really solid defensive team. Joey's post game interview was great. I only wish that he had fought for rebounds earlier in his career like he has recently.

If I were an NBA GM, I'd definitely consider picking up Suliamon later in the 1st round if I had the opportunity.
spot on

That exchange where Mcbrayer made a bad pass to mason in the trap and then mason dribbled through the trap and lost the ball and then Mcbrayer stole the ball from Trimble was a thing of pure emotion. Soooo much low and soooo much high right there the game was essentially in the balance for a good 5 seconds or so with either team coming out of that exchange having an expoentially higher chance of winning. The ball finally bounced our way and it's because Mcbrayer didn't hang his head and Mason didn't either by knocking down his free throws.

**** ya. That interview by King that's what its about at the end of the day. Can't knock a kid whose that kind of team guy

20 of 23 from the free throw line.

Great win. Feel so good for those kids and Coach Pitino. But my stance remains the same. Stay the course and let this thing play out. Go Gophers!!

Well we finally won a game even though we shot around our FG average and less than our opponent.

Hit some 3pt, played D, and beat them getting to the line.

spot on

That exchange where Mcbrayer made a bad pass to mason in the trap and then mason dribbled through the trap and lost the ball and then Mcbrayer stole the ball from Trimble was a thing of pure emotion. Soooo much low and soooo much high right there the game was essentially in the balance for a good 5 seconds or so with either team coming out of that exchange having an expoentially higher chance of winning. The ball finally bounced our way and it's because Mcbrayer didn't hang his head and Mason didn't either by knocking down his free throws.

Yes, McBrayer had a tremendous game. He might have been the real MVP but I guess I'm glad Joey got it. Dupree will have many more chances and I'm confident he'll get them. The kid has really grown more than I thought he could this year.

Except you said game over 45 minutes ago. I'm sure you would have torn up your ticket.....gutless

It's tongue in cheek. Lighten up, take the stick out and enjoy the win.

Eric Carter from the football team

D holds Maryland to 1 basket over last 5 minutes of the game.

So happy for this team, staff, fans to finally breakthrough! Great defense throughout tonight, offense was very good in the 1st half and struggled quite a bit in the 2nd half some of that due to Maryland's increased defensive intensity even though I think they got away with a few fouls inside. Love the postgame interview from King and really happy for him. He isn't the most skilled but he always competes hard and his defense was as good as it has been this season. You can see in his interview how much he loves and cares about the Minnesota program.

Top Bottom