***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Back to the game - I was listening on the radio, and it sounded like the Gophers came out hard and may have caught Indiana napping early. No matter how much Crean talks about respecting the opponent, the Indiana players came in knowing the Gophers had been blown out in their last two games and were struggling.

Gophers led 17-8 at the 10:06 mark of the 1st half. Indiana outscored the Gophers 26-17 for the rest of the 1st half, and 62-46 for the rest of the game.

So - good effort and nice start, but once Indiana started hitting some shots, they still controlled the rest of the game.

Some positives for the Gophers, but still a long way to go. Let's not get too giddy over 10 minutes of a 40-minute game.

Last game it was 4 minutes so baby steps...

Team gets so rattled by a couple threes and or a couple bad calls. Pitino needs to work on how he reacts to bad calls, I'm sure it's frustrating that he seems to never get the benefit of the doubt, but I really think that team plays off his body language.

Sorry but he is never going to put on 30 "good" pounds he has a slight frame and there is no way he is going to weigh 205 pounds and be the same player. Agreed he has some potential but 30 pounds is unrealistic.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pitino on Gilbert: He dislocated his finger on the left hand, I don't know how long he's going to be out. He's going to have surgery.</p>— Nadine Babu (@NadineBabu) <a href="https://twitter.com/NadineBabu/status/688453944503177217">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Team gets so rattled by a couple threes and or a couple bad calls. Latino needs to work on how he reacts to bad calls, I'm sure it's frustrating that he seems to never get the benefit of the doubt, but I really think that team plays off his body language.

i think he's italian american, not latino, and if he was, not sure calling him so, is entirely appropriate. either that, or a funny auto correct fail! :cool:

Biggest disappointment yesterday was the complete lack of energy from the crowd. If you're going to the game to sit the whole time with your arms crossed why not just stay home? Not once did fans get off their asses to urge the Gophers on defense. Late in second half, tight game vs a good team, and I actually get told to sit down. It's embarrassing. For the effort those kids gave they deserved better from us fans.
Perhaps we need to put virtual fans in the chairs while virtual players play the game...oh, right, that would be the video games that the kids are playing instead of going to the actual game.

I think if someone wants to pay for a ticket, they can choose whether they want to cheer or not. Each person is responsible for their own actions. You put a good team on the floor and people will choose to cheer. Provide the spectators with a good show and they will cheer.

Perhaps we need to put virtual fans in the chairs while virtual players play the game...oh, right, that would be the video games that the kids are playing instead of going to the actual game. I think if someone wants to pay for a ticket, they can choose whether they want to cheer or not. Each person is responsible for their own actions. You put a good team on the floor and people will choose to cheer. Provide the spectators with a good show and they will cheer.

The kids did provide a good show yesterday. Only time the whole crowd stood and cheered was when the cheerleaders threw mini basketballs into the crowd. People want to sit the whole game fine. I paid for a ticket as well so if I wanna stand and cheer so be it.

The kids did provide a good show yesterday. Only time the whole crowd stood and cheered was when the cheerleaders threw mini basketballs into the crowd. People want to sit the whole game fine. I paid for a ticket as well so if I wanna stand and cheer so be it.

Dtrain, I would have told that person who told you to sit down to stand up.

Perhaps we need to put virtual fans in the chairs while virtual players play the game...oh, right, that would be the video games that the kids are playing instead of going to the actual game.

I think if someone wants to pay for a ticket, they can choose whether they want to cheer or not. Each person is responsible for their own actions. You put a good team on the floor and people will choose to cheer. Provide the spectators with a good show and they will cheer.

This attitude is why the barn isn't as intimidating as it has been in the past. Oh well one benefit of the fans not creating a scary environment is we might (in like 2 years) get better non-conference opponents willing to come to the barn.

Edit: Support your team if you show up. If you don't want to pay for a ticket I am fine with that but if you go cheer your a** off

This attitude is why the barn isn't as intimidating as it has been in the past. Oh well one benefit of the fans not creating a scary environment is we might (in like 2 years) get better non-conference opponents willing to come to the barn.

Edit: Support your team if you show up. If you don't want to pay for a ticket I am fine with that but if you go cheer your a** off

I disagree with the idea of having to cheer your ass off. I simply do not like screaming, I'll clap, stand, cheer when they are doing well, but I'm not going to be a guy contributing to the barn shaking from my voice, just not my style/ability.

That said, I do not like people begrudging those that do or do not. Someone tells a fan to stand or sit, that's BS. Everyone has paid their ticket to watch the game how they choose.

It's fine that you have this opinion. It is just as fine if the person behind you tells you to sit down and be quiet. Both of you paid to be entertained. If you go to a play and the actors don't know their lines, do you still cheer? Who would be the crazy one in that scenario, the one who boo's the actors or the one who gives a standing ovation?

I understand your passion. I disagree with your argument.

When did standing up during a game make you a better fan? No you don't have the right to stand up if you are obstructing others enjoyment. The lower half of the Vikings stadium stands up, having gone to games for 40 years I would love to hear how todays standing crowd are better fans than those that sat through the 70's games.

I disagree with the idea of having to cheer your ass off. I simply do not like screaming, I'll clap, stand, cheer when they are doing well, but I'm not going to be a guy contributing to the barn shaking from my voice, just not my style/ability.

That said, I do not like people begrudging those that do or do not. Someone tells a fan to stand or sit, that's BS. Everyone has paid their ticket to watch the game how they choose.

And this is why I said in a different thread about how they need to move all of the 'older' and quiet folks (donors, etc) to one side of the lower bowl of the arena (preferably the same side as the TV camera so the TV audience doesn't see them other than the back of their heads) and open both ends and one entire side of the lower bowl of the arena to students. It creates a more rowdy atmosphere and let's face it, college students prefer to stand all game and this way they don't have to be told to "sit down" by the party-poopers who spent $35 on a ticket and wants to sit down and only clap a few times when the Gophers make a basket.

Watch a Michigan State, or a Michigan, or an Illinois game. This is how it's done for most colleges but for whatever reason, most of the people in the lower tier of Williams are folks who were in college when Williams first opened!

Now, as we know, getting students to the games is an issue. Perhaps if they moved students to the lower tier and created a better atmosphere more students would go to a game.

And this is why I said in a different thread about how they need to move all of the 'older' and quiet folks (donors, etc) to one side of the lower bowl of the arena (preferably the same side as the TV camera so the TV audience doesn't see them other than the back of their heads) and open both ends and one entire side of the lower bowl of the arena to students. It creates a more rowdy atmosphere and let's face it, college students prefer to stand all game and this way they don't have to be told to "sit down" by the party-poopers who spent $35 on a ticket and wants to sit down and only clap a few times when the Gophers make a basket.

If you think we spend only $35 a ticket you're more ignorant than you appear to be about being a Gopher fan. (Actually, I'm more insulted that you appear to be a student at my alma mater and have the writing and reasoning skills of about an 8th grader.)

If you think we spend only $35 a ticket you're more ignorant than you appear to be about being a Gopher fan. (Actually, I'm more insulted that you appear to be a student at my alma mater and have the writing and reasoning skills of about an 8th grader.)

Oh, great, someone who wants to make personal attacks simply because they disagree with something. It actually says more about you than it does me, gramps.

Stand, sit, whatever. Real issue, in my opinion, was the lack of energy from the fans. There is a reason coaches want fans to be loud whether it's Pitino, Zimmer, or whoever. Players feed off of it. Maybe some think "what's the point? We're awful". But if we're gonna criticize the players if we feel they give up shouldn't we as fans be critical of ourselves for doing the same? That's all I'm saying. Agree or disagree

The fans are a reflection of the team they see on the court. A team playing with intensity for 10 minutes of a game isn't going create a whole crowd that will be up on their feet for a full game.

Donors, boosters and alumni have every right to sit on their hands and be cautious. It is the student section that can lead the intensity and that is why student sections are so critical to university sports.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The fans are a reflection of the team they see on the court. A team playing with intensity for 10 minutes of a game isn't going create a whole crowd that will be up on their feet for a full game. Donors, boosters and alumni have every right to sit on their hands and be cautious. It is the student section that can lead the intensity and that is why student sections are so critical to university sports. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The team I saw on the floor yesterday played hard for 40 minutes. Maybe you were watching a different game.

I think this stand vs sit issue needs to be discussed more. I find it quite interesting and it has not really been addressed.

Top Bottom