***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Illinois (GAME THREAD)

Maybe it's been said elsewhere, but it sure was fun to see the players having as much fun as they were. Too bad there weren't more people at the stadium to enjoy it. Not sure how much of that they showed on TV but during some breaks in the 3rd quarter the players were jumping all over, dancing, etc. Very fun to see.

Regarding Orseske - he really puzzles me. He has shown flashes of brilliance - booming punts. Wasn't he like 3rd in the country in punting average after the first 3 games? Then all the shanks. Must all be mental.

The stadium actually sounded quite loud, especially on the 4th and Goal Royston got the sack on.

I was there and it was rocking despite only having an (alleged) reported paid attendance of 41K. It was an Egg McMuffin of fun - the players, the band, the house were all super into it. The most fun I've had at a Gopher game in I don't know when because everyone was totally engaged in the outcome. LOVE YOU GOPHERS! See ya next year!

Last year wins over Iowa and Illinois didn't really carry over into 2011 success...

BUT...we changed our coaching staff (again), had a new playbook (again) and graduated our QB.

I say 2011's wins over Iowa and Illinois will be MUCH different in terms of our 2012 success. Hoping for a bowl at least!

Top Bottom