***OFFICIAL*** Minnesota Vs. Illinois (GAME THREAD)

what the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#. im convinced that this is not the real gopher team and the actual players are tied up somewhere while some amateur team is playing in their places

Ironic that this game is unfolding in the exact opposite fashion as last year's Minn-Ill game. A pretty pathetic 2-6 Illinois team went on the road and beat a 5-4 Gophers team which was playing for bowl eligibility. Hmmm...

Ironic that this game is unfolding in the exact opposite fashion as last year's Minn-Ill game. A pretty pathetic 2-6 Illinois team went on the road and beat a 5-4 Gophers team which was playing for bowl eligibility. Hmmm...

Good point - if memory serves we drove easily for a td on the first drive and then disappeared until the 4th quarter that day. Halfway to that today (in reverse of course).

WTF? Had an appointment this morning so I missed the first quarter. Shoveled snow most of the second quarter. Come in and we're ahead. Last time had checked, the Illini was driving and was at about the Gophers' 20.

Pleasant surprise to say the least!

Man, the Illinois fans on the ESPN "Conversation" are apoplectic. The home crowd is booing.

There's a special something about being a spoiler.

I just hope we aren't wasting out spoiler mojo on keeping Illinois from becoming bowl eligible when we could be saving it to knock Iowa out of the Rose Bowl.

Then again, Northwestern may be handling that for us.

Cooper needs to do something positive today for us to hold-on!

Kyle Henderson needs to go back to DII. He had no interest in filling the hole on 4th and 1 and then look beyond awful on the TD run.

Kyle Henderson needs to go back to DII. He had no interest in filling the hole on 4th and 1 and then look beyond awful on the TD run.

Henderson and Johnson have no business being on the field...thanks Carter!

That was fun having the lead while it lasted. Another game down the tubes.

it must be tough winning when your TE looks like Tommy Boy fielding a kickoff.

Backbreaker.

There's a special something about being a spoiler.

I just hope we aren't wasting out spoiler mojo on keeping Illinois from becoming bowl eligible when we could be saving it to knock Iowa out of the Rose Bowl.
Come on man, 3rd quarter, 10pt lead, you know the script.

Well, that missed XP was huge at least. But are any of us surprised about what just happened? Lol, I have never hated a Gopher team so much.

nope. you could just tell as soon as the facemask happened. The time had come to bring the gophs back to reality.

It's getting depressing. At least we have the BB team to look forward to.

Seriously, your starting TE should be able to catch a freaking kickoff. This is so frustrating. Unreal.

Is that Laird who blew the kickoff? Think we could help ourselves by recruiting some receivers?

We have wasted half of the quarter where we have the wind on defense and allowed two scores. You seriously cannot make this stuff up.

Top Bottom