***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS BOSTON FROZEN FOUR IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW!!!! Two titans of college hockey, facing off in the Frozen Four!!!! Two programs with storied past, looking to add a birth to the National Championship!!!

The Gophers are ready!!! We have the skill, we have the depth, we have the explosiveness, we have the hunger, we have the coaching, we have it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET 'ER DONE MOTZKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston University will bring it. Can't give that strong team too many easy ones or mishaps or they will make Gophers pay. Gophers need to lay it all on the line. Block shots, break up stuff with the forecheck and backcheck, passing on the mark... and since the Gophers are the better team they should win by as many as 3.

I'm projecting Minnesota beats Michigan by 2 goals to win it all.

Second scenario is that Minnesota Gophers are a little "off" against Boston U and lose by 1 goal and a controversial call. "Off" tonight is a trip home.

Boston University will bring it. Can't give that strong team too many easy ones or mishaps or they will make Gophers pay. Gophers need to lay it all on the line. Block shots, break up stuff with the forecheck and backcheck, passing on the mark... and since the Gophers are the better team they should win by as many as 3.

Second scenario is that Minnesota Gophers are a little "off" against Boston U and lose by 1 goal and a controversial call. "Off" tonight is a trip home.
IMHO The Gophers need to play their game and be smart with the puck. Don't get cute!

Simple as that.

That what scares me about this team. They seem particularly prone to an off night, an off period, or an off 10 minute stretch. They are so skilled, we played a lot of games where we could sleep walk through two out of the three periods, but still basically play to a draw in that stretch, and then win by virtue of a couple goals in the one good period. By the time the competition is this good, if you give up a pair of goals in a sloppy or lazy 10 minute stretch, that can pretty easily end our season. Said the same thing going into SCSU, and felt pretty good about their effort and compete level. So hopefully they bring it.

Also, hopefully some work stuff wraps up in time for opening puck drop.

Excited for this game...gets me through the work day! Go Gophers.

That what scares me about this team. They seem particularly prone to an off night, an off period, or an off 10 minute stretch. They are so skilled, we played a lot of games where we could sleep walk through two out of the three periods, but still basically play to a draw in that stretch, and then win by virtue of a couple goals in the one good period. By the time the competition is this good, if you give up a pair of goals in a sloppy or lazy 10 minute stretch, that can pretty easily end our season. Said the same thing going into SCSU, and felt pretty good about their effort and compete level. So hopefully they bring it.

I feel your pain! 3pm meeting.

I sense that this team will be laser focused. I think the upperclassmen will need to keep the team calm.

With that said, Let's go!!!!!!

If it makes you feel better, this describes literally every team in the country this year.

Agree with this . Just have the nervous feeling knowing I have seen it before. Hopefully the one game and out will lay heavenly on their minds and that the freshmen do not get overwhelmed by the excitement of the occasion- that they know they belong there. While I know they are very talented and well coached will be keeping my fingers crossed that that does not happen today.
Go Gophers!

im-waiting-tapping-fingers.gif

Here's another great one...
I was there. Almost sure we would not win as little time left and a man short and face off in front of their net. And then Justin made it look so easy! Hate to admit it but hard not to wave as SIOUX fans left. If I remember right they played the better game!

I was there. Almost sure we would not win as little time left and a man short and face off in front of their net. And then Justin made it look so easy! Hate to admit it but hard not to wave as SIOUX fans left. If I remember right they played the better game!
We should have sent you to Tampa. I just feel that this is our year. One hour and 5minutes, but who is counting?

I'm on the west coast, so puck drop is at 2pm for me and I have a 2pm meeting! Unfortunately this is a meeting I need to pay attention to as well, so even though I'm WFH today I can't have the game on in the background :(
The gophers better win today, I'll be in Minneapolis this weekend and would love to watch the final somewhere with more gopher fans!

I was at a resort for a work trip and I thought I was going to get kicked out of the Ritz-Carlton for screaming so loud.

Too many good looks completely missing the net. Especially on that PP

We are generating looks at will

This has all the makings of a fluke goal by BU and completely changing the game after early Minnesota pressure..

Announcers are correct. At present, this is Minnesota's game. Just don't make a bone-headed mistake and eventually something good will happen.

Top Bottom