*** OFFICIAL MINNESOTA-IOWA IN-GAME THREAD ***

Iowa came into this game thinking they could win. They left knowing they didn't.

GO GOPHERS!!!

ZERO bench points. Funny, haven't heard much about our great depth lately.
If you're getting nothing from the bench, we need more consistent and aggressive play from the starters. That means you, Rodney.

Scoring points is not the only thing you can do to help the team. I thought EE played a good game. But I do agree, we need more from the bench.

Lots of things to complain about, but a win is a win. Coleman with five turnovers, yuck! 12 offensive rebounds by Iowa is way too much.

Andre didn't shoot well but did have eight assists and just one turnover.

Man, so many fake fans in this thread (and on the board in general). Glad I avoided this thread during the game. Feels good to be on the right side of 500 again. Hopefully we can play well at MSU next week.

And to all of the bitchers about our bench not scoring, we are 2-0 in games where our bench doesn't score. So who cares. Plus, all you bitchers are the same guys yelling at Tubby for playing the reserves too much, something he didn't do today, he stuck with the starters for almost the whole second half. AND we had some decent minutes from our bench, especially EE who played a hell of a game on defense and on the boards.

One thing to add about the bench. Although they didn't score, they also didn't even attempt a shot so it's not like they were clanking it all over the place either.

There's no such thing as a bad win. The team played poorly and still won. I'll take it. Iowa's going home with a moral victory. Good for them.

Man, so many fake fans in this thread (and on the board in general). Glad I avoided this thread during the game. Feels good to be on the right side of 500 again. Hopefully we can play well at MSU next week.

And to all of the bitchers about our bench not scoring, we are 2-0 in games where our bench doesn't score. So who cares. Plus, all you bitchers are the same guys yelling at Tubby for playing the reserves too much, something he didn't do today, he stuck with the starters for almost the whole second half. AND we had some decent minutes from our bench, especially EE who played a hell of a game on defense and on the boards.

Madtown, thank you for your comment. What you said, my friend, are why I bitch about the bitchers. They do not have a clue.

Thank god we didn't lose. It sure appeared that Austin's foot was out of bounds on his forced turnover, but the refs owed us a couple. He came up huge.

If the Badger lose to the Illini, it will be a nice day.

I have to say that was a great game by Austin Hollins today. He really came to play and saved us.

We were sloppy with the ball, got beat to the majority of 50/50 balls, had our usual turnovers and still gritted out a win. But moving forward, I can't see us winning more than 9 games in the conference. I think 9-9 is our ceiling. We're just not good enuf in half court offense and nobody can create for teammates.

It's time to dial back our expectations...waaaaay back. I'm thinking 9-9 would be our best case scenario.

Agreed, I try to stay away from Gopherhole during games because there always seems to be somone overreacting about something. EE may not have scored but he did a lot of the little things well and definitely contributed. While I think we will need to get more of a contribution from our bench going forward it is nice to get a win where we didn't play our best and hopefully we can get somewhat of a statement road win at Michigan State in our next game.

Agree with much of this. Who cares of the bench scores at all and I agre to my surprise, EE played well in the first half. Still dont think the team is ultra talented, but they are a good team.

Agreed EE didn't score but with this team he doesn't have to. Just from this game alone, not having seen Woodbury play a lot, I thought EE handled his own. I was pretty disappointed we didn't sneak to the south and land him I know we put a lot of work in recruiting him. Just thought it would have been nice to steal one from the squawks.

Agree with much of this. Who cares of the bench scores at all and I agre to my surprise, EE played well in the first half. Still dont think the team is ultra talented, but they are a good team.

Arguably the best pair of guards in the Big Ten, and two NBA draft picks in the post. Keep downplaying our talent. It's coaching.

We got a break this afternoon. We will take them in the Big Ten. We need a good performance against MSU. We don't necessarily need a win, but we can't get beat ugly.

It's time to dial back our expectations...waaaaay back. I'm thinking 9-9 would be our best case scenario.

So you think we win a MAX of 4 games with this remaining schedule.

@MSU
ILL
WIS
@Iowa
@tO$U
IND
PSU
@NEB
@PUR

When are you going to go away? You are probably the worst troll on the board, but I'm sure you are proud of that.

I think we are more talented than the OP has stated but arguably the best pair of guards in the B10? I don't think there is any argument that Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr are the best two guards.

I think we are more talented than the OP has stated but arguably the best pair of guards in the B10? I don't think there is any argument that Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr are the best two guards.

I should have said one of the best. Michigan is in another class, but we have a good case for 2nd best.

Agree with that, and after they both leave early with Andre and Austin heading into their JR and Sr years we should have one of the best returning backcourts. (MSU with Appling and Harris and believe it not PSU if Fraizer can get back to 75% with him and Marshall). We are going to need those two along with Coleman to shoulder the load because I tend to cringe when I think where we get inside scoring from next year. But we are 5-4 and should be a top 20 team tomorrow so as that big goofy mouth breather Mike Tice would say "enjoy the season".

This season has been so hard to watch. The half court offense, on Tubby. The basketball IQ, on the players. The turnovers, defensive rebounds, and missed pick/roll opportunites are basics of basketball. Hopefully they can pull this off! Great shot by Hollins! Good to see him back.

Yup the entire season has just sucked, like when we won 15 of our first 16 games with three wins over ranked teams. God I hope I never have to sit through that again.

I am SO glad I was at this game and not following it on Gopherhole, relentless negativity in this thread. It was a really fun ending at the game, the place erupted when Austin Hollins hit that go-ahead 3 at the end. Those of us at the game enjoyed the win, rather than scoffing at the coach for not winning by more and making NIT projections, you people should try it, you'd probably have more fun. Also, as others have pointed out Iowa is not Nebraska or Penn State, they are a pretty good team. It would have been nice if we had won by more, but we won, and that's what matters.

We are halfway through the Big Ten season and we have a winning 5-4 conference record, we have still only lost one home game, things are not as bad as you want them to be.

Yup the entire season has just sucked, like when we won 15 of our first 16 games with three wins over ranked teams. God I hope I never have to sit through that again.

I am SO glad I was at this game and not following it on Gopherhole, relentless negativity in this thread. It was a really fun ending at the game, the place erupted when Austin Hollins hit that go-ahead 3 at the end. Those of us at the game enjoyed the win, rather than scoffing at the coach for not winning by more and making NIT projections, you people should try it, you'd probably have more fun. Also, as others have pointed out Iowa is not Nebraska or Penn State, they are a pretty good team. It would have been nice if we had won by more, but we won, and that's what matters.

We are halfway through the Big Ten season and we have a winning 5-4 conference record, we have still only lost one home game, things are not as bad as you want them to be.

Amen.

There's no such thing as a bad win. The team played poorly and still won. I'll take it. Iowa's going home with a moral victory. Good for them.

Agree with the first statement. Don't believe in moral victories. Moral victory is a nice way to say loss. And I love sending Iowa home with a loss.

+1 Our 7 footer is ready for more minutes!

Arguably the best pair of guards in the Big Ten, and two NBA draft picks in the post. Keep downplaying our talent. It's coaching.

We got a break this afternoon. We will take them in the Big Ten. We need a good performance against MSU. We don't necessarily need a win, but we can't get beat ugly.

With all due respect - Michigan's backcourt is better than MN's, and as a pair the Hollins' are good. I doubt either will be a 1st team all conference player though. We can disagree on the talent level and that is fine, I can respect your viewpoint on it. I just think they Gophs are not a extremely talented team, thats all.

There's a surprise ending, you'll never see it coming!

So you think we win a MAX of 4 games with this remaining schedule.

@MSU
ILL
WIS
@Iowa
@tO$U
IND
PSU
@NEB
@PUR

When are you going to go away? You are probably the worst troll on the board, but I'm sure you are proud of that.

The only road game I see us winning is Nebraska.....We'll lose to IU at home and could lose at home to Illinois or Wisconsin. So, yes...Call me a troll if it makes you feel better. I'm just DONE getting my hopes up with this team.

The only road game I see us winning is Nebraska.....We'll lose to IU at home and could lose at home to Illinois or Wisconsin. So, yes...Call me a troll if it makes you feel better. I'm just DONE getting my hopes up with this team.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA When have you ever had your hopes high? YOU HATE THIS TEAM, you've never said anything positive about them. THAT is why you are a troll. Go back under your bridge and never come back.

Please give one legitimate reason why Illinois will beat us at The Barn? We annialated them in Champaign and they only look worse now then they did then, they have TWO!!! conference wins. We will be favored vs Wisconsin who we almost beat in Madison.

Top Bottom