***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin PAUL BUNYAN AXE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Well here we are, a chance to win 4 of our last 5 of the regular season, a chance to win 2 in a row against uw, a chance for Fleck to be 3-3 in a huge rivalry, a chance to rid ourselves of the disappointment of Iowa.

A loss and we finish a disappointing 7-5 with back to back loses vs beatable rivals. A win and we are 5-4 in BT, winners of 4 of last 5, a coveted win at uw, and we have the axe again!

This game is HUGE!!!!!!!

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was about ready to commit to heading over there today when I found $34 tickets on Vivid seats in the SE corner, then I checked out the hotels and gave up. The Hilton Monona Terrace showed up at $196, then when I tried to book it was $318.

For me walking around Madison, and to the Stadium is half the fun, and staying at some hotel 5 miles out is not as great.

That was not the real issue though, I just cannot live through more of last week, and blow $500 at the same time. When the win happens tomorrow I will regret staying here on the couch.

Maybe I will change my mind in the morning with the late kickoff.

Should be a good game. Much like the Vikings turned their program around within a few days after a bad loss to Dallas. I believe the Gophers will be ready to go in full stride on this one.

I was about ready to commit to heading over there today when I found $34 tickets on Vivid seats in the SE corner, then I checked out the hotels and gave up. The Hilton Monona Terrace showed up at $196, then when I tried to book it was $318.

For me walking around Madison, and to the Stadium is half the fun, and staying at some hotel 5 miles out is not as great.

That was not the real issue though, I just cannot live through more of last week, and blow $500 at the same time. When the win happens tomorrow I will regret staying here on the couch.

Keep us updated

Tell me about it! I flew in from Colorado Springs to watch that choke job last weekend! It took me 4 days to mentally recover...God I hate Iowa! I never thought anything could dampen the joy of watching the Gophers beat the Badgers last year in person but..this just about did! I wasted a lot if cash between Gophs and pathetic Vikings game last weekend...not again.

The spreads for todays big ten games are…
3, 8, 10.5, 14, 15 and 19.

Kinda wild to see those big numbers in rivalry games.

Show up at Camp Randall with the redshirt QB carrying the guys to victory with arm and legs and off-season momentum is favorable. Lose, project to end up in lower tier bowl, momentum is unfavorable. The stakes are always high but this game feels like a narrative-changer for the season, for Fleck and ultimately for the program- and could it possibly influence the hire/fire of the interim coach. I haven’t heard if he’s been named permanent yet which is interesting.

With the devastating loss last week have to believe the guys are looking for some redemption in the eyes of their fans, their fathers, and their coach.

Tell me about it! I flew in from Colorado Springs to watch that choke job last weekend! It took me 4 days to mentally recover...God I hate Iowa! I never thought anything could dampen the joy of watching the Gophers beat the Badgers last year in person but..this just about did! I wasted a lot if cash between Gophs and pathetic Vikings game last weekend...not again.
Wow that's brutal.

Especially considering Dallas lost to friggin Packers, then on Tgiving they didn't look like anything special.

Just so typical kind of Vikings collapse. Oh well, onward!

Show up at Camp Randall with the redshirt QB carrying the guys to victory with arm and legs and off-season momentum is favorable. Lose, project to end up in lower tier bowl, momentum is unfavorable. The stakes are always high but this game feels like a narrative-changer for the season, for Fleck and ultimately for the program- and could it possibly influence the hire/fire of the interim coach. I haven’t heard if he’s been named permanent yet which is interesting.

With the devastating loss last week have to believe the guys are looking for some redemption in the eyes of their fans, their fathers, and their coach.
I can't see any possible why the job is not his. Just don't want to be a distraction to the guys during the season to make a big hullabaloo about his official hiring. They'll do it shortly after the season is over.

I’m hoping it all comes together today. Offense, defense and special teams.
Let’s get a fast start, keep the pedal to the metal and bring the Axe back to Minnesota!

By winning today the Gophers will exceed preseason prognosticators prediction.

Go Gophers

I don’t know, pretty sure I predicted 10 wins but that was probably optimistic and based on some faulty hopes and non-expert and expert analysis 😐

Still a chance for 9 which is pretty good, historically speaking. Momentum is everything.

I don’t know, pretty sure I predicted 10 wins but that was probably optimistic and based on some faulty hopes and non-expert and expert analysis 😐

Still a chance for 9 which is pretty good, historically speaking. Momentum is everything.
I think the media prediction I saw most often was 7.5. So, I guess either 7 or 8 wins satisfied that prediction.

The betting line was 7 1/2 wins.

Top Bottom