***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT wisconsin IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

and wisconsin was scoreless for the four minutes before that, which is why the last 2:10 mattered at all. great to tie at 60, didn't close it out this time.
I figure if they can keep a team in the 60's there's a real good chance of winning it. Not today though, unfortunately.

Not a bad loss, but still a loss.

Yep. Team played well on the whole (better than their play during that four game losing streak and better than against OSU). Wisconsin is 17-3 and 8-2 in the conference. A game with a team like this on the road is not one that we are likely to win. Wisconsin's frontline might not have the athleticism of OSU's frontline but they're plenty good enough and still better than ours. Then, they have one of the best scorers in the country and a very capable veteran in the backcourt.

People should try to curb the whining and blaming the refs whenever the team falls short. Despite the early season successes, no one should have been comfortable enough to believe that this team had the horses to defeat the teams in the top half of the league with any frequency.

Davis will probably turn pro after this season….I’m sure they’ll be decent, but they will need some scoring from someone who’s not on the roster now. We’ll be comin for them!

Same but look to see it all the time. UW is not that good but they have a bunch of guys that know how to win. And of course the all american. Gard has a great eye and works his guys to the hilt at every practice. That is what Ben is doing.
They are 17-3 with and tied for or lead in Quad 1 wins. I would love to see their record if they were good.

I like the job that BJ is doing but I have a question.

Why doesn't he post up Battle and Willis? Both are strong, have good moves and are good ball handlers? This type of play may not be suited for them but I wonder if anyone has a reason.

Davis will probably turn pro after this season….I’m sure they’ll be decent, but they will need some scoring from someone who’s not on the roster now. We’ll be comin for them!

They should be fine. I imagine Wahl becomes a go to scorer for them, Crowl and Hepburn should take on bigger roles. I think the issue they’ll have is outside shooting, that’ll probably be their undoing in March this year.

They are 17-3 with and tied for or lead in Quad 1 wins. I would love to see their record if they were good.
They would be like Auburn. They do know how to win. They played mediocre against several inferior teams but found a way to win.

Both WI and MN were pre season picks for ending up the bottom of the BIG because both were playing with first or second year players with one or two experienced players.
Both have good coaches.
WI just seemed to have emerged with slightly more skilled players and have won a lot of games despite being way behind at some point.
The margin of victory vs loss in the BIG is very narrow his year.
This week NWA just lost to ILL and NE blew a late lead against Rutgers.

Willis and Curry are older than Davison.
Who will replace them on MN next year?

They should be fine. I imagine Wahl becomes a go to scorer for them, Crowl and Hepburn should take on bigger roles. I think the issue they’ll have is outside shooting, that’ll probably be their undoing in March this year.
They still have Brad for outside shooting

They still have Brad for outside shooting

That's what I mean though, they have one reliable shooter and the chances that Davison keeps shooting it at this clip seems pretty unlikely. Credit where it's due, I think Gard's really maximizing what they have.

I read a lot of the kids who play for wi are from mn. Why don’t they want to play at the u?

I wonder what our record would be if we had Ihnen and Fox. I’m pretty confident in what BJ can do with a more talented roster. Next year, he’ll have the chance to prove it.

I'm a bit disappointed, that was a very winnable game, especially with Davis not being as dominating as he can be.

I wonder what our record would be if we had Ihnen and Fox. I’m pretty confident in what BJ can do with a more talented roster. Next year, he’ll have the chance to prove it.
I realize we can hit the portal again and Battle, Fox, and Ihnen will be here…but will it be that much more talented? Curry and Willis are pretty good…

Top Bottom