***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT UCLA AT ROSE BOWL STADIUM IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

What hill? He averaged 5.2 per pass.

He made a good read to hit Taylor to win the game. He gets credit for that.

He was not good in the first half.

You really want to keep bleeding out with this bad opinion....
.....on the aforementioned hill of shit?

As far as gopherbadgerman's argument, yes, it would be nice if we had a little more of a deep ball game but that's on the receivers too. What we do have is an efficient QB who completes a high percentage of his passes and hasn't turned it over much (at least lately).

Minnesota now plays games every week with Michigan, USC, UCLA, and has generally gotten the better of them. That's a big step forward for the program. Our Gophers are hanging in there in the new Big Ten.
...and Iowa. That was a stinker for the gophers.

Jackson's incomplete was ridiculous.
Yeah in stadium I said he caught it when they showed it on the big board but also knew it was going but also knew it would be tough to overturn the original call. (I assume you mean the one they reviewed)

Seriously? Punt with 2:44 left when their O kept the ball of 10 minutes with their last drive!?

We just lost

Fucking PJ with shit play calls

69fd4594b1edb9ef59872ce0ca77a888b540f83f.gif

As far as gopherbadgerman's argument, yes, it would be nice if we had a little more of a deep ball game but that's on the receivers too. What we do have is an efficient QB who completes a high percentage of his passes and hasn't turned it over much (at least lately).
Pretty much a fair and honest assessment.

Same as not kicking on the goal line against USC, I disagreed with the coach at the time. But, it worked, so no complaint from me. He trusted his defense and they got him the ball back in good field position, and then the offense executed a good drive. Well-coached second half.
I said it last night...I hated the punt until it was downed in a good spot for us. It put UCLA in stressful position and if we could just force 1 more punt we would have the ball in great field position and plenty of time. It is not the call I would have made...but I would have been wrong and I have zero issue admitting that.

The thing is, since the Bruins have no home field advantage that kind of changes things. I can count on 1 hand how many times they cheered for something happening in the game and about 60% of that was the last 2 minutes. Its a total atmosphere suck in that stadium so the Gophers weren't going to have trouble if they got the ball back. I have to think it feels similar to the team as playing at Northwestern...maybe even worse.

I said it last night...I hated the punt until it was downed in a good spot for us. It put UCLA in stressful position and if we could just force 1 more punt we would have the ball in great field position and plenty of time. It is not the call I would have made...but I would have been wrong and I have zero issue admitting that.

The thing is, since the Bruins have no home field advantage that kind of changes things. I can count on 1 hand how many times they cheered for something happening in the game and about 60% of that was the last 2 minutes. Its a total atmosphere suck in that stadium so the Gophers weren't going to have trouble if they got the ball back. I have to think it feels similar to the team as playing at Northwestern...maybe even worse.
Twice now PJ has stepped aside and put the outcome of the game in his players hands, and twice it has done him well. Hopefully he doesn't clam up the next time a decision like this goes poorly.

I heard the ucla band at halftime was not up to big ten standards. Is this true
I think it is hard to be sure if you sat in the corners with the visiting fans acoustics were hard to hear.

Production values overall at the Rose Bowl ... really bad.

Also it's not like they're going to be very good at playing the rouser perfectly like we expect ...

Top Bottom