***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Rutgers has now lowered there level of play, to now allow us to stay close the entire game.
Well they have 2 guys on the bench with 2 fouls. 1 is their best player. Not surprising?

Payne and Cooper combining for 4/4 on free throws? Couldn't be.

And JOJ with a three!? Hell has frozen over.
This might not come across clear, I'm not ripping these guys I just don't know how to say it. If JOJ and Payne figure out how to play basketball they will be very good players. Both clearly have gotten by on their physical superiority in HS. They don't seem to understand the concept of passing, where to be, things to do to play winning bball. Will this staff be able to get it out of them?

Also I'm not happy I'm right but I tried telling most everyone 6 weeks ago that Henley isn't a P5 player, Tre Williams comp seems accurate. Just go D2 and be superior at that level.

This might not come across clear, I'm not ripping these guys I just don't know how to say it. If JOJ and Payne figure out how to play basketball they will be very good players. Both clearly have gotten by on their physical superiority in HS. They don't seem to understand the concept of passing, where to be, things to do to play winning bball. Will this staff be able to get it out of them?

Also I'm not happy I'm right but I tried telling most everyone 6 weeks ago that Henley isn't a P5 player, Tre Williams comp seems accurate. Just go D2 and be superior at that level.

They're freshman. You need to get past this idea that they have hit their potential.

It seems odd to say Payne needs to get stronger but he gets the ball stripped at least once or twice a game as he's going up for a shot.
It’s because he unnecessarily brings the ball down low all the time. If he doesn’t do that it’s extremely hard to get picked clean like that. That adjustment alone would increase his per average by 2-3 pts at least.

JOJ understands how to play just not enough experience at this level.

Hearing that Johnson hopes his team can stand up to the environment -- at RUTGERS???
To quote Dick Enberg, "Oh my!"

Why did we foul? We'd have gotten another possession.

I would guess Henley was a guy who had the ball in his hands a lot and scored by creating his own shot.

He will need to figure out at this level against better competition that he his not the first option and he needs to move the ball within the offensive sets.

Chuck a 3 and pray it goes in game plan not working. Why not???

Total Stats​

Team Stats
Game Stats
Minnesota
Rutgers
Points2434
FG9-3114-27
FG%29.051.9
3P2-123-10
3P%16.730.0
FT4-43-3
FT%100.0100.0
Rebounds1718
Offensive Rebounds73
Defensive Rebounds1015
Ties00
Lead Changes00
Time with Lead0:0019:56
Lead % of Game0.099.7
Last Lead-
Last Lead: Time-
Largest Lead011
Largest Lead: Score-18-7
Largest Lead: Time-11:46 (1st)
Assists510
Turnovers46
Bench Points010
Blocks01
On Court Points2219
Fastbreak Points27
Steals52
Points off Turnovers65
Points in the Paint820
Second Chance Points92
Personal Fouls56

Would be nice to have Garcia back
Garcia is clearly our best player, and Battle is arguably our second best...but I am not entirely sure we aren't a better team with neither of them on the floor. In games that they both play big minutes, it seems like we lose big. In games that neither or one of them plays, it seems like the games are closer. Am I wrong?

Hearing that Johnson hopes his team can stand up to the environment -- at RUTGERS???
To quote Dick Enberg, "Oh my!"

Rutgers has a good record at their home court and is one of the better teams in the conference. Get with the times.

Kicking their asses on free throws.......................

Doing well with FTs, TOs, ORs, DRs, PFs and TOs. Literally if they were shooting halfway decent you could say they are having a great game..

Top Bottom