***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT RUTGERS IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Rutgers has won more Big Ten games this year (6) than the Gophers have under Ben Johnson in a year and a half (5). But records don't win games. This is a solid Rutgers club that is having itself a nice season. I guess the good part about being so bad, is we are in the territory will teams may overlook us and take us for granted, and maybe that opportunity is tonight.

Hopefully we are healthy and get the squad back.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we want a chance for a winning team as soon as possible, the best thing is to have Garcia out. This helps ensure he won't try to move on after this year...and it gives more playing-time to the young guys.
:rolleyes:

We need someone to channel Peyton Willis...
Last year's game against Rutgers was the Peyton Willis show where he went off against the Scarlet Knights and we won by one point at the Barn. I was sitting next to my friend who is an RU alum and he was giving me crap before the game, but Minnesota had that one shining moment to win against a very good Rutgers team.

This year it's at Piscataway so our odds on winning are even worse than last year, but a channeling of the spirit of Peyton Willis might do the trick. 😅

Rutgers has won more Big Ten games this year (6) than the Gophers have under Ben Johnson in a year and a half (5). But records don't win games. This is a solid Rutgers club that is having itself a nice season. I guess the good part about being so bad, is we are in the territory will teams may overlook us and take us for granted, and maybe that opportunity is tonight.

Hopefully we are healthy and get the squad back.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rutgers is coming off a loss. At Rutgers is a tough place to play. They play in a tiny (for a BT school), so it’s loud.

Illinois overlooked Nebraska last night and the game was tougher than it needed to be. Have no idea why they would overlook anyone. No sure things in the BT.

I admit that I'm watching things with an eye on next year. Putting the pieces in place at every position.

I admit that I don't want Garcia & Battle to go off for 30 ppg late this season and then go overseas or to the G-League.
No school loyalty or bailing thinking the future will be a repeat of the past?

I’m betting the under

I admit that I'm watching things with an eye on next year. Putting the pieces in place at every position.

I admit that I don't want Garcia & Battle to go off for 30 ppg late this season and then go overseas or to the G-League.
That sucks to not want your guys to play well for fear of them maybe leaving.

So is a negative ion. I’d never root against my team or its players. Saying they suck is sometimes fact. To not want them to perform well is sad.
We're splitting hairs here. I know you want Garcia & Battle back next year too.

If we want a chance for a winning team as soon as possible, the best thing is to have Garcia out. This helps ensure he won't try to move on after this year...and it gives more playing-time to the young guys.
You've been beating this drum since October. Just stop. If Garcia wants to leave, he'll have NIL offers at others schools no matter what. If he wants to play pro in some D league in Israel or Europe, he'll have offers to do that. If he wants to stay, he'll stay. The same goes for Battle. Rooting for them to be out with an injury or play poorly is ridiculous.

Dawson and Battle are known entities I don't think a single game will change that. Neither will be good enough to get drafted, but I think Garcia offensive skill set could give him some options if he wants them, there are definitely worse players in the G-League right now

Rutgers plays stifling D, game is in the RAC. If Garcia out will be lucky to crack 50

ESPN gives us a 3% chance of winning!

So your saying there’s a chance!

You've been beating this drum since October. Just stop. If Garcia wants to leave, he'll have NIL offers at others schools no matter what. If he wants to play pro in some D league in Israel or Europe, he'll have offers to do that. If he wants to stay, he'll stay. The same goes for Battle. Rooting for them to be out with an injury or play poorly is ridiculous.

Garcia has already transfered 47 times. He cant go to another team without sitting out(assuming he doesnt have a rando sick relative chilling in Alabama). If he leaves its some sort of pro money.

… If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

It doesn't matter if they do that, neither one of them is close to ready for that.

Dawson and Battle are known entities I don't think a single game will change that. Neither will be good enough to get drafted, but I think Garcia offensive skill set could give him some options if he wants them, there are definitely worse players in the G-League right now
His offensive skill set needs a lot of work at this level. Nowhere near ready at the next level - NBA, G-League, etc. He plays well below the rim, is not very strong, and is very dominant left hand. His outside shooting is also very inconsistent. He has skills, but has a long way to go. All he has done is move around. He needs to stick somewhere and work on his game and strength.

Go Gophers.

Gophers do not match up well against Rutgers.

This one may get ugly fast

Top Bottom