***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE BOUNCE BACK GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

NOBODY should let PJ get away with we are young we have injuries nonsense. He and his staff have been awful all year. Look at the bios of these guys on our staff nowhere near the quality or experience a B10 staff needs. The other staffs week in and week out are better; especially on special teams but also regularly on O and D.
That what he said at halftime. He said we have a lot of young guys out there who haven’t played a lot of football. He can’t use that excuse - every team has injuries at this point in the year. It’s your job as a coach to have next guy ready.

Well, we are down to one game for the season. I'm not counting the OSU match-up as we'll get completely boat-raced in that game. So, we're left with the match-up with Wisky to see who can find a way to get their sixth win to go bowling. I think we should dub this the "Bottom of the Barrel" Bowl as the loser will definitely be one of the worst teams in the league right now. Before I get jumped on for that comment, do you think we beat Indiana right now? NW still has Purdue and the Illini on their schedule, which means there is a good chance they will have a better record than us in the end.

Gophers being clobbered by a 2-7 team that is outplaying them on both offense and defense. Gophers have to beat Wisconsin to make a bowl. This has been a very bad season.
[/QUOTE
About like every season was prior to Fleck's arrival with the exception of a few Mason seasons all the way back to the 60s when the program sank.

In all seriousness, can someone explain any possible strategic / analytical rationale for a FG attempt there? Apart from giving your kicker an extra practice rep?

It’s not defensible. PJ has frozen up, maybe the whole team at this point. At least try.

No poise, so Poison

Things are so bad. I’m switching to Brown alcohol. I know I’ll regret it in the morning.

In all seriousness, can someone explain any possible strategic / analytical rationale for a FG attempt there? Apart from giving your kicker an extra practice rep?

Odds of making a 4th and 21 to the endzone are probably near zero. Reality is the Gophers will not have enough points at the end with field goals.

I've only been checking in to this thread...Had other things to do today. Sounds like I made the right choice. I hope I can be excited on game days again in the near future.

I doubt Coyle even has a critical discussion with him.

I like Purdue’s strategy of using three RBs instead of running one RB into the ground. We should think of doing that next season. Fresh RBs dominating a tired defense in the 4Q. 🧐
You would think PJ would have learned that by now, but nope he's just stuck in his outdated ways

At least we're Best In The Nation at fair catching punts! (see Redding)

Top Bottom