***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE BOUNCE BACK GAME IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
I’ll admit, last weeks game still weighs on me. But hopefully the staff and team moved on quicker with Purdue Championship Week upon us.

We need our moxie back and back quickly. I fear if we get off to a slow start doubt could creep in. But time to score early and defend quickly.

A win locks us into a bowl with opportunities to shock the world next week and then continue our dominance over wisconsin.

But until then, it’s Purdue Championship Week.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll admit, last weeks game still weighs on me. But hopefully the staff and team moved on quicker with Purdue Championship Week upon us.

We need our moxie back and back quickly. I fear if we get off to a slow start doubt could creep in. But time to score early and defend quickly.

A win locks us into a bowl with opportunities to shock the world next week and then continue our dominance over wisconsin.

But until then, it’s Purdue Championship Week.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This! It's time to tell Purdue, you per don't...With a Bowl game on the line, I think we'll come out on fire! This will be good because there is no doubt that Purdue will be thinking the same.

At least we were able to score some points last week. Not enough but more than previous outings.

Nonetheless "must score points" still applies this week and each one thereafter.

Go Gophers!

Gophers vs Purdue history

MN leads series 40-35-3
MN record at home 32-15-3 // on the road 8-20

1st meeting Oct 27, 1894 -- Gophers won 24-0
teams met in 1894, 95, 96 & 97 - then did not play until 1928.

Last 10 gms Gophers 8-2
Gophers longest winning streak - 4 games (twice)
Purdue's longest winning streak - 7 games ('96 to '02)
--Purdue won 9 of 10 gms from '96 to '07)

Highest scoring game - Gophers 59-56 ('93)
lowest scoring game Purdue 6-0 (1897)

Gophers biggest margin of victory 33 pts (33-0 1936)
Purdue biggest margin of victory 35 pts (twice)

closest games: 3 ties. Gophers with 1-pt wins 3 times, Purdue with 1-pt win once.

1st two meetings were non-conference. tied 1-1 in those games.

and this: the team have played 78 games - 50 in MN and 28 in Indiana. No idea why. 23 of first 27 meetings were in MN. this is a real head-scratcher.

Gophers vs Purdue history

MN leads series 40-35-3
MN record at home 32-15-3 // on the road 8-20
I would have thought that we had a better all-time record vs. Purdue. We have had some periods where we have really struggled. Let's win this thing!

At least the good thing about the PJ era is we don't seem to take any momentum, good or bad, on to the next week.

Don't wanna be a downer, but my enthusiasm is at an all-time low this season. Feels like we need a huge win today to drum up some good vibes.

Top Bottom