***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE BIG TEN OPENER IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Purdue is very likely a Final Four contender. Edey has gotten so good. Glad this is his last year.

Positives:
- Payne is not scared and can play some defense.
- JOJ looked much more aggressive offensively and also was not scared.
- Cooper played a good game and hit some shots.
- Battle found his rhythm again, which should be a good sign for us.
I thought Edey was a junior. Has he said he's not coming back.

call me crazy, but I thought when Samuels was in there, he got them moving a little better in their offensive sets. I'm not saying he's great, but I think he can be serviceable - at least for 8-10 minutes a game, as a change-of-pace at guard.

still seeing a lot of the same issue - nobody on this team who can really create their own shot. to be effective, this team needs to move the ball and get the players moving on offense, and then look to set up shooters with good passes. there was a possession where Cooper drove into the lane and kicked it out to Carrington on the wing for an open 3 that went in. they need to do a LOT more of that.

but, I was impressed with what JOJ showed. he's got some attitude. wouldn't mind seeing him and Payne in at the same time - to rebound if nothing else.

Edey out rebounded gophers by himself!! Garcia is soft but so are some of our other bigs.

call me crazy, but I thought when Samuels was in there, he got them moving a little better in their offensive sets. I'm not saying he's great, but I think he can be serviceable - at least for 8-10 minutes a game, as a change-of-pace at guard.

still seeing a lot of the same issue - nobody on this team who can really create their own shot. to be effective, this team needs to move the ball and get the players moving on offense, and then look to set up shooters with good passes. there was a possession where Cooper drove into the lane and kicked it out to Carrington on the wing for an open 3 that went in. they need to do a LOT more of that.

but, I was impressed with what JOJ showed. he's got some attitude. wouldn't mind seeing him and Payne in at the same time - to rebound if nothing else.
Samuels seemed totally different tonite...I agree he seemed in charge and had us under control.
Not sure why he wouldn't have played 2nd half

I'd like to think we can defend Dickenson...Garcia could possibly front him some...don't know...fronting with height depends a lot how the opponent reacts..
But Payne and Ola Joseph I think can defend the post. Edey is a unique player.
I'd think Evans will front some people next year....seems it'd be tough to lob over him

Purdue is very likely a Final Four contender. Edey has gotten so good. Glad this is his last year.

Positives:
- Payne is not scared and can play some defense.
- JOJ looked much more aggressive offensively and also was not scared.
- Cooper played a good game and hit some shots.
- Battle found his rhythm again, which should be a good sign for us.
We were also 5 of 8 from the line which is an improvement

Agree, Samuels is looking more and more serviceable. Good tonight.

I’ve never seen a team that has big guys that can run (Payne, JOJ, Garcia) and play this (insanely) slow. There were several possessions in second half where Carrington was running pg and pushing the pace and they actually looked not like old man ball at the Y (no offense to old man ball). Carrington needs to start and slide Cooper to the 2. One of our few advantages is having bigs that are willing/want to run. Carrington starting is only way to utilize advantage. Or, at the very least, start Carrington over Henley and and let them share pg.

Reactions: SDR

I guess he could come back, but if he wins NPOY as expected, it would be crazy not to leave.
Do you follow the NBA or NIL at all? Big guys who can't leave the paint don't have much room in the nba and nil for these stars is huge. Drew Timme, Oscar Tschibewe, TJD, Hunter Dickinson, would you like me to continue? Seems entirely possible he could make millions coming back another year.

Do you follow the NBA or NIL at all? Big guys who can't leave the paint don't have much room in the nba and nil for these stars is huge. Drew Timme, Oscar Tschibewe, TJD, Hunter Dickinson, would you like me to continue? Seems entirely possible he could make millions coming back another year.
Millions? I’m skeptical about all the NIL amounts that get thrown around.

Reminds me how people tend to overestimate HHI for families making $250k & $500k

Next is Hunter Dickenson and Michigan on 12/8. Be interesting to see what the boys learned from today's game.
They'll learn that Dickensin isn't as tall, but he's a better shooter.
Michigan losing Llewellyn could be an issue for the Wolverines.

So, the 18.5 point spread wasn't as outrageous of a set after all. The meek might inherit the earth, just not the basketball courts.

Edey is 7-4. Timme is like 6-10. Vastly different players. Dickinson is the only comparable and Edey is much more of a force down low than him.

So, the 18.5 point spread wasn't as outrageous of a set after all. The meek might inherit the earth, just not the basketball courts.
I personally expected us to lose by 30 so meeting the spread was a good thing. The boys had better movement on offense tonight. I wonder if that was because Thompson didn't play.

Edey is 7-4. Timme is like 6-10. Vastly different players. Dickinson is the only comparable and Edey is much more of a force down low than him.
So you don't watch or know anything about the NBA, got it! Edey will likely be a 2nd rd pick and be an low end rotation guy. 7 4 doesn't matter when Lopez, davis, etc are almost as big but can move and cook him in offense and slow him down a ton on offense. Do you know what Jokic would do to him?

So you don't watch or know anything about the NBA, got it! Edey will likely be a 2nd rd pick and be an low end rotation guy. 7 4 doesn't matter when Lopez, davis, etc are almost as big but can move and cook him in offense and slow him down a ton on offense. Do you know what Jokic would do to him?

Edey will be on an NBA roster.

Top Bottom