***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN ST IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
We need a win, we need a win badly. PSU is an ideal slump buster though they probably say the same thing about us.

Winning and losing are learned skills. We are very good at the latter. Fix that Ben.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a win, we need a win badly. PSU is an ideal slump buster though they probably say the same thing about us.

Winning and losing are learned skills. We are very good at the latter. Fix that Ben.

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to apply the hard lessons we’ve learned -

Energy, energy and more energy from the tip to the end - not just in the second half.

Move the ball - constantly.

Have fun - this is a great time in your lives guys - ball the frick out. Carpe Diem & whatever the heck the saying is in Shawshank.

I think we got this one. That said...

Me the other night, to my wife, with the Gophers leading late: I think we got this one.

My wife: stop saying stuff like that!
My wife, the other night: "Do you think they got this one?"

Me: "I do."

My wife: "Stop saying stuff like that!"

Will be a great point guard matchup. I have a notion we may see JOJ back in the starting lineup. Hitting FT’s is a combination of WHO goes to the line and the “head” game. Garcia needs to be aggressive in the paint on O w/o fouling. Guards need to go to the hoop.

PSU is 8-2 at home and 0-4 away this season, with 1-4 at neutral sites. in B1G games, 2-1 at home and 0-4 away. 1-0 at a neutral site.

I'm not sure what that means. just interesting that they have played 5 neutral site games. maybe that skews the record a little bit.

for comparison, Gophers are 11-3 at home, 1-3 away, 0-1 at a neutral site. In B1G games, 2-2 at home and 1-3 away.

PSU is 8-2 at home and 0-4 away this season, with 1-4 at neutral sites. in B1G games, 2-1 at home and 0-4 away. 1-0 at a neutral site.

That "neutral" court in-conference victory was over Michigan and played at the legendary Penn Palestra. True, it's technically a neutral site and not close to State College (about a 3.5 hour drive to Philadelphia) but I watched part of the game and it was definitely a partisan PSU crowd.

I think we got this one. That said...

Me the other night, to my wife, with the Gophers leading late: I think we got this one.

My wife: stop saying stuff like that!
You obviously out kicked the coverage 😉

We have to keep the energy up tonight, manufacture it. Penn State with the cavern they play in can put you to sleep..see Whisky.

Just score more points. Easy peasy.
Well to do that let's double our FT & FG percentages from last game.

77% from the charity stripe and 75% inside the arch.

Also, if we get between PSU and the basket for most of the game, we could make this a really fun game.

Last edited:

I believe the team to be better than some here would give credit - and they are still coming together. Right now, we belong in the middle of the pack and todays win keeps us there. Gophers by ten (78-68) at the Bryce Jordan Center.

Will be a great point guard matchup. I have a notion we may see JOJ back in the starting lineup. Hitting FT’s is a combination of WHO goes to the line and the “head” game. Garcia needs to be aggressive in the paint on O w/o fouling. Guards need to go to the hoop.
I agree with JOJ being in the lineup today. Payne is in pain so he might be limited or not play at all today. Just my personal opinion. It will be a tough matchup for our guards with their guard play. Anyways, I got Gophers by 5.

I believe the team to be better than some here would give credit - and they are still coming together. Right now, we belong in the middle of the pack and todays win keeps us there. Gophers by ten (78-68) at the Bryce Jordan Center.
I am not sure if that is the most insightfull or the least thought out analysis I have read, but either way I am 100% behind it. Gophers steamroll them today.

The problem teams have in BTN is shooting 3’s on the road. Thor should get overdue minutes, and Clary/Hawkins matchup will be good between equal-sized guards. Clary more of a rim chaser. If MN brings a proper defensive strong effort, and makes shots they should win. Nothing special.

Top Bottom