***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
I said it last week. I’ll say it again: Momentum. That’s what we have. That’s what we must build off of. We need to bring our own juice as the atmosphere will be mild.

Road wins are a premium in the Big Ten, but we should be able to run on these guys.

Let’s get 4 straight BIG wins.

GET ‘ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ll tell y’all what I told my dad as we walked into the stadium last week: we can leave early, this will be a blowout

Next three games are all MUST win games. The Gophers have to separate themselves from the mid to bottom level of the BIG in order to be contenders this year and going forward. I never write in a W when we play NW especially in Evanston.

November is coming and its a time for contenders, not pretenders. Are the Gophers contenders? They have to makings. We will find out tomorrow.

This is the game to take money on Minnesota. win by 14 easy.

Hoping to see our team play to its potential! (Which would mean we win by 14+!)

Row the Boat, Ski U Mah, Go Gophers!

rewatched Maryland...Maryland had a lot of dropped passes by wide open guys...Terps had a lot of really dumb big penalties at crucial times...Locksley goes for it on fourth and 1 from his 35 only down two scores with 7:35 left in third quarter? even tho play call works, it is a dropped pass, it was a dumb decision by Locks...our fg game is very concerning...our WRs not getting much separation...our WRs with a lot of drops...not sure talented 16 can be trusted to run right route, block, catch, fight for 50-50 ball, become s defender on short ball...our clock management baffles...88 still not a good blocker...so saw more Kallerup...defense was gashed at times...can not afford injuries to 23, 27, 47, 16,...they make the whole thing work on d... 0 stepping up is huge...Rossi has schemed it well around what his guys do well...Otomewo, Mafe, Rush, Anderson really delivering...big gsmes from Pinckney, Trill, Treadway, Martin will be needed to win games here on out...TM very solid, Oline and Kieft very solid, Bryce, Bucky, Ky, Cole have really delivered...want to see 9 back at wr...combo of healthy 7, healthy 9, 22 with hands, focused 16, and a passing scheme that includes RBs znd TEs can play big part in winning games from here on out...need punter from Purdue game to win close games...pr game would be nice...Bucky good kr, fear him getting injured there...

rewatched Maryland...Maryland had a lot of dropped passes by wide open guys...Terps had a lot of really dumb big penalties at crucial times...Locksley goes for it on fourth and 1 from his 35 only down two scores with 7:35 left in third quarter? even tho play call works, it is a dropped pass, it was a dumb decision by Locks...our fg game is very concerning...our WRs not getting much separation...our WRs with a lot of drops...not sure talented 16 can be trusted to run right route, block, catch, fight gor 50-50 ball, necome s defender on short ball...our clock management baffles...88 still not a good blocker...so saw more Kallerup...defense was gashed at times...can not afford injuries to 23, 27, 47, 16,...they make the whole thing work on d... 0 stepping up is huge...Rossi has schemed it well around what his guys do well...Otomewo, Mafe, Rush, Anderson really delivering...big gsmes from Pinckney, Trill, Treadway, Martin will be needed to win games here on out...TM very solid, Oline and Kieft very solid, Bryce, Bucky, Ky, Cole have really delivered...want to see 9 back at wr...combo of healthy 7, healthy 9, 22 with hands, focused 16, and a passing scheme that includes RBs znd TEs can play big part in winning games from here on out...need punter from Purdue game to win close games...pr game would be nice...Bucky good kr, fear him getting injured there...
You good man?

rewatched Maryland...Maryland had a lot of dropped passes by wide open guys...Terps had a lot of really dumb big penalties at crucial times...Locksley goes for it on fourth and 1 from his 35 only down two scores with 7:35 left in third quarter? even tho play call works, it is a dropped pass, it was a dumb decision by Locks...our fg game is very concerning...our WRs not getting much separation...our WRs with a lot of drops...not sure talented 16 can be trusted to run right route, block, catch, fight for 50-50 ball, become s defender on short ball...our clock management baffles...88 still not a good blocker...so saw more Kallerup...defense was gashed at times...can not afford injuries to 23, 27, 47, 16,...they make the whole thing work on d... 0 stepping up is huge...Rossi has schemed it well around what his guys do well...Otomewo, Mafe, Rush, Anderson really delivering...big gsmes from Pinckney, Trill, Treadway, Martin will be needed to win games here on out...TM very solid, Oline and Kieft very solid, Bryce, Bucky, Ky, Cole have really delivered...want to see 9 back at wr...combo of healthy 7, healthy 9, 22 with hands, focused 16, and a passing scheme that includes RBs znd TEs can play big part in winning games from here on out...need punter from Purdue game to win close games...pr game would be nice...Bucky good kr, fear him getting injured there...

This is the Northwestern in game thread, not the Maryland post game thread.

You create enough new threads to know the difference.

A few thoughts -- I wish I had a dollar for every time we have been favored over Northwestern over the last 50 years and then lost because I could probably buy a steak dinner about now. (Well at least a chicken dinner.) Fleck needs to respect the Cats and if Plan A isn't working - don't be afraid to change and adapt to Plan B -- or Plan C but find something that works.

I am looking forward to watching the game - it should be fun and I think we should win. It will be nice to get bowl eligible today and set up bigger games down the road. The Gophers played a good game last week and I think a similar effort gets it done.

PS -- that line about the Northwestern strength and conditioning coach being on his 5th Monster energy drink by now was hilarious and gave me a good laugh!!

This game feels like a trap or something bad (major injury happens or something). Bowling Green everyone overlooked too and looked what happened. I feel like Northwestern is going to blitz and make changes all game like Bowling Green did and dare us to throw and cause problems. I hope I am wrong, but I got a bad bad feeling about this and not becoming bowl eligible this year.

This game feels like a trap or something bad (major injury happens or something). Bowling Green everyone overlooked too and looked what happened. I feel like Northwestern is going to blitz and make changes all game like Bowling Green did and dare us to throw and cause problems. I hope I am wrong, but I got a bad bad feeling about this and not becoming bowl eligible this year.
Never fear. I will be wearing my lucky maroon Gopher shorts and lucky black Minnesota hoodie. Of course I have the ability to change to other lucky clothes..........

This is the Northwestern in game thread, not the Maryland post game thread.

You create enough new threads to know the difference.
I believe swingman is simply pointing out that we had many breaks during the Maryland game and we better be prepared today against Northwestern as we may not get the gifts from them.

Top Bottom