***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTH CAROLINA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Athan 4 for 15, plus getting burned in the secondary for two long TDs is the difference. PJ is too stubborn to do it, but play Cole in the second half or at least the 3rd quarter
Yea right after our first td drive let’s bench our qb

If there is one thing that you can bet every single penny of your mortgage and retirement on:

PJ Fleck will not start Cole Kramer for the 2nd half.

Bet every single penny you can on that.

As bad as the execution has been, we have a chance to come out after halftime and set the tone with the ground game. I think its imperative we start hammering them with Taylor. We'll see if the coaches can make the adjustments.

Team Stats
Game Stats
Minnesota
North Carolina
First Downs1115
Rushing Attempts1420
Rushing Yards7934
Rushing Avg5.61.7
Receptions718
Receiving Yards83287
Receiving Avg11.915.9
Passing Yards83287
Pass C-A-I7-18-118-23-2

Tampa is a crazy downpour enough to delay the Alabama-USF game and yet St Pete is sunny no sign of rain all day 🤷‍♂️

Gopher passing game has been mostly PA and rollouts today, and that seems to have played into UNC’s defensive gameplan. I love PA, but today might npbe good to cut down on that frequency.

Offense has been bad but defense giving up 21 in the half on long drives is discouraging.
FWIW they have taken advantage of dumb mistakes a few times leading to quick scores which could be encouraging for events stabilizing in the second half. Maye is deadly accurate though. Not going to hold them under 30. PJ needs to pull out all the stops and call in a few favors from the football gods.

- Athan throws much better to the sidelines than he does over the middle.
- Taylor is really good.
- can’t believe we weren’t prepared for their tempo. That’s on Rossi.
- pleasantly surprised by our run D
- NC has some skill guys and Maye is good

Team Stats
Game Stats
Minnesota
North Carolina
First Downs1115
Rushing Attempts1420
Rushing Yards7934
Rushing Avg5.61.7
Receptions718
Receiving Yards83287
Receiving Avg11.915.9
Passing Yards83287
Pass C-A-I7-18-118-23-2
that’s some really bad passing D.

Really needed that.

Why did we hurry up so much?
PJ gets nervous when there is less than 90 seconds on the clock. He doesn’t appreciate that’s enough time to trade 3 TDs.

FWIW they have taken advantage of dumb mistakes a few times leading to quick scores which could be encouraging for events stabilizing in the second half. Maye is deadly accurate though. Not going to hold them under 30. PJ needs to pull out all the stops and call in a few favors from the football gods.
If you are playing against a deadly accurate QB, you pretty much have two choices…pressure him, or play close to the receivers. The loose zone D today hasn’t been a good choice. In particular, it might be a good idea to try to cover the guy who has gotten over half of the targets.

I can’t believe 45 didn’t answer the bell. 8 maybe got a little big for his britches. 7? 33 can’t play. 1 is awesome. I still love our D let’s knock their QB out and win this thing.

Enough with the 3 man rush on 3rd and long their QB is too good. Go get him.

Ok, 11 is manageable. Have to tighten up on D and quit making stupid mistakes. Bend, don’t break. Can’t give up the big plays. AK really needs to relax and get in a rhythm. Before the last drive he has been throwing so off-target. LFG

Top Bottom