***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Yes it was. They need a TD no timeouts. Have to punt there
2 minutes is an eternity in the college game or NFL, with or without timeouts. I’d be with you had it been under a minute. As it was if their receiver makes that catch they have first down at like our 40 with over a minute left on the clock.

This. I trust our defense to not let them go 90 yards more than anything
I don't know.....they had plenty of time either way. Luckily, their guy dropped the ball or they are at our 30 with plenty of time.

Mo was heated, but he's gonna keep a calm mind and say that of course I wanted to go for it but the coach has the final say and I'm gonna trust him.

It was absolutely the right call to punt. The D has been playing well, and the Neb Q is terrible.

How could they overturn the 1st down AND mark the ball 1/2 yard back? That's the question that needs to be asked.
because he WAS down short of the line.

Thanks Tanner, but it's that Greek guy's time now. He's got the best arm in the conference, just a rocket every time he throws. If I'm fleck, I'm sending videos to receivers around the country. And Mo is a true warrior. Just an inspiring win that restores hope.

Punt was right call, despite our emotions telling us to go. Odds of going 90 yards there is probably 5%.
It was the right call. 90 yards with no time outs is very, very tough. 50 yards is much easier. PJ played the odds, didn’t gamble.

RE Going for it: I think an argument can be made on both sides. I think what it boils down to is how the game is going. Nebraska's offense did not score a TD after the first drive of the game. Much more difficult to do that having to go 85-90 yards than 40. People want to say "if the Nebraska guy didn't drop a pass".....that's the point. You make them have to execute 90 yards down the field & they can't screw up. But I also get giving it to Mo & let's ice the game ourselves. Ultimately, I think it was shown to be a good call.

I'm more offended by the spot; when Mo's ass hit the ground, the ball was at the yard mark. Ridiculous that they moved the ball back a half yard. Ridiculous that no ref was watching to see that no time went off on the clock on the one play.

I am grateful for everything Tanner Morgan has given to this program. But playing wise, he definitely is limited physically & AK gives us a different dimension. Perhaps it was fitting that Tanner started his playing in Lincoln due to an injury & possibly may end it in Lincoln due to an injury. If it was the end, I am thankful for everything he has given to the University of Minnesota.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting Athan experience before next year, and he certainly has more mobility, but Athan vs. Tanner will not be the difference between a win and a loss this season. The problems run far deeper than the QB.
And what do you say now?

this is actually a really BFD.
We came back because AK, who can run and throw deep, gave the Nebraska offense more to worry about. Gave KC a little more play calling leeway. This in turn loosened the D a little more for Mo. I love what Tanner has done while here, and I have huge respect for him as a player and person, but if AK hadn’t come in and jump started the Offense, I think we lose the game.

Athan made the difference: 6 of 12 for 137 yards, plus some nice runs. Morgan first half, lost 0-10, Athan 2nd half won 20-3. No contest between our QBs. Gophers had 31 yards total offense in first half - thank God for the defense hanging in or it might have been a rout.

Top Bottom