***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NEBRASKA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

One really just needs to watch the first few plays of a Gopher game to know if the team will win or lose.

Did they average 5ypc or more across the first 5 carries? Win. No? Loss.
Really? That’s what you really believe

Has not aged well.
Has not aged well.
I was talking about Tanner Morgan. I didn’t mean we don’t have a QB on our entire team. If Tanner Morgan was the QB, we lose this game. If you haven’t seen my posts, I’ve been calling for AK for the past 2 weeks.

AK opened up the field for us and for Mo to get some holes and do what he does best.

We need a transfer qb big time. The North Dakota guy did well against Nebraska.
Still think this? aK is young and will make his share of mistakes but he has a skill set that will require defenses to prepare for a lot more than with Tanner

Still think this? aK is young and will make his share of mistakes but he has a skill set that will require defenses to prepare for a lot more than with Tanner
Very encouraged by AA play today.

wow we win because nebraska DROPPED a perfect pass. If he catches that….

I have rarely been upset after a win but I am today.

At least Athan proved he can provide a spark. At least PJ should now be convincable to put him in whenever Tanner flounders. Those are some good takeaways after a pretty mediocre performance today.

A defense that adjusts to the opponent after giving up 10 early points and then giving up zero, nada, zippo for the next ?50 minutes is far from mediocre.

Umm- an RPO offense doesn’t rely on the QB running my friend.
No offense RELIES on the QB running. But ANY offense, including the Gophers RPO, will benefit from a mobile QB. A QB that can sometimes elude tacklers, whether on pass plays, or occasionally faking the handoff and keeping the ball.

This constant "the Gophers run the RPO so it doesnt matter if the QB is a statue" is pretty poorly thought out, IYAM.

He did. He had faith in his defense.
That’s fair. And the defense has earned that faith. Just feels a bit wrong when you’re asking Mo to put his body on the line with an absurd workload, game after game, after coming off of a brutal injury, and you don’t have trust in him. I think he personally has earned the right to ask for the ball in those situations.

Either way, it worked out. Glad to see them get the win!

Really? That’s what you really believe
It's been consistently true. The Gophers challenges coming from behind and winning when they can't run the ball and control the clock are well documented. They also don't play a ton of close games - this is the first game in the last 11 decided by 7 points or less. They win or they lose fairly decisively.

I believe it would have gone down similarly today except putting Athan in was a major change in personnel that created a change in trend.

A defense that adjusts to the opponent after giving up 10 early points and then giving up zero, nada, zippo for the next ?50 minutes is far from mediocre.
yeahbut, if Tanner had played the second half do you really think we’d have scored 13+? Tanner is a good qb who does poorly under most negative circumstances. Today had some very negative circumstances.

At first I thought 1st down. But after the 4th or 5th replay I could see how they might over turn the play
What I didn't like was even when it was first called a first down instead of lining up and running a quick run they just stood around and used a timeout allowing Nebraska and the refs extra time to look at the play.

I fairness that throw did not hit him in stride perfectly. It was actually good it was a little under thrown as the cover guy was beyond the receiver.

Just looked at the replay. The ball was a little short. It was because AK was about to be hit from the front so he couldn't step into the throw. Made it pretty impressive throw.

This thread makes me ponder how scary the Huskers would be with Keven O'Connell as their coach. They might never lose a one score game again.

This thread makes me ponder how scary the Huskers would be with Keven O'Connell as their coach. They might never lose a one score game again.
If Nebraska win all the one score games this year they’d be 7-3 (5-2) and If they won out they’d be division champs

The
If Nebraska win all the one score games this year they’d be 7-3 (5-2) and If they won out they’d be division champs
Yeah, they probably really are that close in the West division anyway. I don't think we have to worry too much about O'Connell taking the Nebraska job.

Top Bottom