***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

It was also bizarre to me that they didn’t review the clock. Really surprised no one said anything. Should have been 0.5 seconds on the clock. They always review that.

With 18 seconds left in a tie game when you really need a stop, why wasn’t Daniels in the game? We got beat because they took it into the lane and dropped it off for a score over smaller defenders. If we had the ball, I could see staying with the small lineup, but all we needed was a stop.
I was surprised by that as well. Still Ben coached a great game and the players were terrific. Michigan State shot the ball very well, hit some really tough ones, and we still played them to the buzzer at their place. Encouraging, even with the loss.

#5 traveled prior to the pass to bad not a ref in the arena was watching it.
He did slide his feet but Willis had a huge brain fart, I agree with Ryan James, hard to understand why you would try to cut off the passing lane out towards mid court in that or any situation.

If Loewe is not knocking down shots, he doesn't bring a lot, IMO. And with Sutherlin struggling, we really only have 4 people that can score, and that's assuming Curry is not out too long. Maybe give Thiam a shot, as someone else mentioned.

That said, great job tonight. Had a chance to steal one.

If Loewe is not knocking down shots, he doesn't bring a lot, IMO. And with Sutherlin struggling, we really only have 4 people that can score, and that's assuming Curry is not out too long. Maybe give Thiam a shot, as someone else mentioned.

That said, great job tonight. Had a chance to steal one.
Sutherlin's game is drive to the basket. That has gotten a lot tougher against Big Ten opponents. I'd love to see more of Thiam who is a high end athlete. I also love watching Ramberg play, he puts out max effort.

Coaches just told him to foul? And that's the bonus...

*Correction 6th TF
We had a foul to give. We desperately needed a timeout. By fouling we got the under 8:00
TV time out. The timeout kept us in the game. Pretty close to genius.

Don't really understand not having Daniels in there....
Daniels is definitely improved and makes some nice plays but he makes an equal or greater number of costly ones.

I did see what I thought was Battle saying "Fuck" into his shirt. Could just be an emotional respense to any pain to his teammate, or maybe he saw/knows something more than we do.

But yeah, anything for Curry is just such an injustice. That man should achieve Sainthood, given his patience and humility based on attacks to body.
Battle fell on Curry's leg...realized he was the reason Curry was in pain.

Refs didn't want to get berated by Izzo for the rest of their career. Or lose their jobs. Izzo owns BIG refs.

And Dean Smith was in the house !!!
Another reason gophers got shafted by the no foul calls and obvious travel at the end
No RESPECT for the Gophets

He did slide his feet but Willis had a huge brain fart, I agree with Ryan James, hard to understand why you would try to cut off the passing lane out towards mid court in that or any situation.

Why was clock not checked an time added at the end, like all other games. ?

The way we lost was pretty painful, but I was very impressed that we stuck with the Spartans start to finish. We are so out-matched when it comes to talent in the B1G and it amazes me how this team finds itself going toe-to-toe with the best.

We had a foul to give. We desperately needed a timeout. By fouling we got the under 8:00
TV time out. The timeout kept us in the game. Pretty close to genius.
They're that desperate for a TO? You've got TO at next dead ball. I understand the play. Guys were probably gassed.

I don't hate it. I don't think its genius.

When mugged on the basketball court, always keep extremities as low as possible so that the mugger doesn’t trip on his escape.
I agree Loewe was fouled. I wasnt discussing that because it was obvious. The flagrant one call was not as clear cut

What's most encouraging about this game is that MSU really showed up and played a solid game and we hung with them the entire time. Stephens was so tough and confident...hopefully that continues!

What's most encouraging about this game is that MSU really showed up and played a solid game and we hung with them the entire time. Stephens was so tough and confident...hopefully that continues!
Stephens is a pull-up artist. 👌

Low pain-threshold
He took a knee to the back of the head. That can hurt like a bitch and surprise you for 5 seconds and then you realize you are okay. Back in the day of two cameras in the whole gym we don’t see his reaction.

Michigan State needed to make nearly everything down the stretch and to their credit they did. Couple of those tough shots don't fall and we are walking out of there with the massive upset.

Love watching this team fight, they don't have the stars but they hang in there with teams that on paper should destroy us.

Top Bottom