***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
In a time when we need to get back on the good side of the win/loss column, a trip to East Lansing is not ideal. But here we are, the task at hand. We played then well the last 5-7 minutes at The Barn, but the damage was already done. The formula against us known: pound the rock down low, force us to find a third scorer. Correcting those in-season are tough because the roster is what the roster is, but no one is feeling sorry for us, we have to figure out how to do it.

Hit 3s, limit second chance Spartan points.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really looking forward to this game.

We'll find out what they learned from the last meeting, and if they can implement a fix.

Still not expecting a victory, but I want to see the response. Line opened at +13 and dropped to +11.5.

The Gophers have about a 10% chance to win this. Fire away and hope you're hot from 3.

I knew going in we didn’t have a chance but I’ll wait to judge Ben on next year’s results. Posting this now will save time after the game.

In a time when we need to get back on the good side of the win/loss column, a trip to East Lansing is not ideal. But here we are, the task at hand. We played then well the last 5-7 minutes at The Barn, but the damage was already done. The formula against us known: pound the rock down low, force us to find a third scorer. Correcting those in-season are tough because the roster is what the roster is, but no one is feeling sorry for us, we have to figure out how to do it.

Hit 3s, limit second chance Spartan points.

GET 'ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Izzo got lucky at the Barn. They shot 48% on threes. If they miss two more they still shoot an astounding 44/45%. We shot 27% on threes. If we make only two more it's still a poor 31/32% night. But the difference would have been 12 points and we win.

He won't need to be lucky tonight at home since they are a strong rebounding team and will get a lot of second and third shots.

I knew going in we didn’t have a chance but I’ll wait to judge Ben on next year’s results. Posting this now will save time after the game.
You can judge Ben now. Nobody could get as much from this roster as he is getting.

Just wait until we get to March, then GEDJ will start the big and deep (into the tournament) push.
It's really a test to see who has read Instant Replay by Jerry Kramer. So far only Gopher in NYC seems to know what I am talking about. Vince Lombardi would say it every few weeks.

Really looking forward to this game.

We'll find out what they learned from the last meeting, and if they can implement a fix.

Still not expecting a victory, but I want to see the response. Line opened at +13 and dropped to +11.5.
I expect to Izzo to make the stronger adjustments… mostly because we just don’t have the depth to exploit anything new on offense. Hopefully we can take away something that worked well for them last time though.

Someone besides Battle and Willis has to score. Curry had his best game of the year in the first game.

Fact is that we are seeing what the lack of depth is going to cause. MSU is just way too deep. To win games like this....we'll need Herculean games from both Battle and Willis. And a couple other guys will have to hit double digits as well. When Battle or Willis don't show up....we get rocked like what happened against Illinois. We also won't be able to afford 0-8 shooting nights from Loewe or anyone else for that matter. I'd think teams start letting him take open shots if he can't bring up the 25% 3-point and 36% FG numbers.

Against Indiana, the Gophers scored 4 points in the last 6 and a half minutes of the first half and then only scored 6 points in the last 9 minutes of the second half. That can't happen again if they want to beat Michigan State. Let's steal what would be a rare win in East Lansing. Ski U Mah!

I was going to start calling area hospitals asking if Stan was there. Better late than never!!

GEDJ!!!!

Loewe for 42 tonight. 3rd option of course......

Got to be able to take advantages of cold stretches by this MSU team.

I get that we want to play good transition defense, but it feels like there has to be a balance between getting 0 offensive rebounds and selling out. Possession already where if battle isn’t immediately sprinting back on D, he gets the offensive rebound and probably gets an open 3 off of it. We’re not good enough to give away possessions

We need to keep it close with our lack of depth and hope Sparty does not get hot from 3.

I get that we want to play good transition defense, but it feels like there has to be a balance between getting 0 offensive rebounds and selling out. Possession already where if battle isn’t immediately sprinting back on D, he gets the offensive rebound and probably gets an open 3 off of it. We’re not good enough to give away possessions

I somewhat agree with this. But I think part of it is preserving energy as well. Crashing the boards and then having to sprint back to play defense can drain lots of energy. For a team that typically only plays seven guys....it's tough to expect guys to keep that up all game.

Sutherlin seems to be struggling lately.

Starting to see a little more ball movement the last few possessions. Need to cut down on turnovers tho, thats been killer #1 so far imo. Curry handling the ball up top quite a bit to this point, interesting changeup from Coach

Top Bottom