***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN BATTLE FOR THE LITTLE BROWN JUG IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
OK, second half Iowa sucked. We pissed Floyd away and he's pissed. The fans are pissed. I think Fleck is pissed. I'm pissed. But guess what, walking into The Big House and walking out with the Jug and with a W is a sure fine way to change the narrative and get this season on the right track.

Apparently we came to practice on Sunday and Monday ready to go. That sure beats the alternative. Now we need to play out of our mind for a full four quarters, nothing can be compromised. We must win the turnover battle as the ball is the program. We must somehow find some magic in the trenches because that's where Power 4 football is won. We must not miss tackles as the margin for error is small as Fleck reminded us this week, and even smaller in a game we are seemingly overmatched in.

I'm an eternal optimist and every week we see big upsets in college football, why not us this week?

GET 'ER DONE FLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are still in the Michigan game at halftime, how about we come out ready from the get-go to play a tough and creative 2nd half. It’s not just rah-rah stuff; it’s about a game plan and adjustments.

PJ’s slow, plodding first quarter offensive starts are a thing of legend, but generally not fatal. PJ’s corresponding tendency to start the second half slow and plodding, while our opponents burst out of the gate in high gear, executing a revised game plan, has actually proved fatal in many recent games. If failure is the predicate of future success, it’s about time the Gopher coaches coach, and the players execute, a successful 2nd half game plan.

Go Gophers. Please bring the jug back to our empty trophy case.

Last edited:

Jugs
giphy.gif

Watching BTN right now and the 2005 Gophers at Michigan game is on. Imagine the numbers Maroney would've had if he didn't leave.

My son & I were at 2014 game. We should have won 37-7. A roughing-the-passer penalty against the Gophers negated a Michigan three-and-out deep in their own territory. We had to “settle” for a 30-14 win. Only booing Michigan fans and a couple thousand delirious Gopher fans remained at the end. It was a deliciously sweet moment—especially if you endured the 2003 agony. The time is now to win again in Ann Arbor: 1986; 2005; 2014 and _____.

Michigan will man up on our receivers and our RB. Brosmer has to be sharp and receivers ready. Wish we had a mobile QB but….

If the D can generate some TO’s and the O play keep away we may have a chance.

Top Bottom