***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Barring injury Mo Ibrahim should leave the U as the all time leading rusher by a pretty large margin. With the "free covid season", his underclassman productivity, and usage he could disappoint and still pass Thompson

Just depends if he stays and uses his eligibility. He will likely come back for '21, but he has NFL talent, IMO

Merryland D is as bad as advertised. Mo and OL are doing it. Mafe must have been held out first quarter and need him out there. Why was #4 out there? St Juste came back in thank God.

Md total yards
1st qtr.....230
2nd qtr....85

this is why you call a timeout before the kick PJ
To be fair, there is nothing that made me think the Gophers would stop MD had PJ called a timeout.
MD could have gone for it, gotten it, then had more time to drive for a TD.

WOW —what is going to happen when we play Wisconsin/Nebraska/Iowa/Purdue —guarantee they will bring a whole lot more than Maryland

Merryland D is as bad as advertised. Mo and OL are doing it. Mafe must have been held out first quarter and need him out there. Why was #4 out there? St Juste came back in thank God.
His name escapes me at the minute, but that LB we lost for the season is really hurting us right now.

I like Potts swiftness around the outside.

When Mo leaves, we'll have him, and I still think Bryce Williams will be a solid runner as well.

Ky Thomas will get carries this year too, I'm sure.

Pretty Mafe was playing in the first. Thought I saw him

To be fair, there is nothing that made me think the Gophers would stop MD had PJ called a timeout.
MD could have gone for it, gotten it, then had more time to drive for a TD.
4th and 7 and you roll that dice every time. having potential to go up by 3 scores on your first drive of the second half would have ended this game effectively

His name escapes me at the minute, but that LB we lost for the season is really hurting us right now.

Braelyn Oliver.

He has some explosiveness to him, and was a good blitzer.

WOW —what is going to happen when we play Wisconsin/Nebraska/Iowa/Purdue —guarantee they will bring a whole lot more than Maryland

They won't be able to stop our offense either.

Defense improved from Q1 to Q2. Keep proving quarter by quarter and see where that gets us.

When Thomas Rush was recruiting, PJ spoke about him that he could possibly contribute as a true freshman, but he hadn't much. Tonight he is playing and missed that sack and appeared slow or winded trying to catch the QB.

I think Oliver passed him on the depth chart last season.

Defense improved from Q1 to Q2. Keep proving quarter by quarter and see where that gets us.

I don't know a lot about defense but hopefully it's just a "1 guy in the wrong spot" issue more than a "guys don't have the talent to play the position".

First quarter it appeared however we had about 4 guys in the wrong spot at times.

I don't know a lot about defense but hopefully it's just a "1 guy in the wrong spot" issue more than a "guys don't have the talent to play the position".

First quarter it appeared however we had about 4 guys in the wrong spot at times.
Positioning and tentative play can make very athletic people look average.

When Thomas Rush was recruiting, PJ spoke about him that he could possibly contribute as a true freshman, but he hadn't much. Tonight he is playing and missed that sack and appeared slow or winded trying to catch the QB.

I think Oliver passed him on the depth chart last season.
Rush almost looked like he was limping on that play.

No penalties at half while Maryland has 6 for 52 yards. That definitely helped us. Let's see if we can go an entire game with no penalties.

So if we win the turnover margin and penalties in the second half we should win. Need to be extremely aggressive for TDs. No FGA or punts.

Top Bottom