***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA JUST FIND A WAY TO WIN THIS GAME THREAD!!!***

I'm very happy for the Gophers, but Iowa may be the worst 6-1 team, in the history of college football.

If you're a Gopher fan, I shouldn't have to convince you.

Iowa was cheating and I think they should actually get put on probation for that infraction.

Iowa's special teams are coached so well, I'd put money on the returner being coached to wave like that when they absolutely need a big return. It gives the return team a definite advantage.

Extend PJ! Gophers beat Iowa! Yay!
I think if we lose to Ohio State and beat Wisconsin that Iowa likely will win the West.
All they have left is NW, Rutgers, Ill, and Neb

Iowa's special teams are coached so well, I'd put money on the returner being coached to wave like that when they absolutely need a big return. It gives the return team a definite advantage.
Honestly, I thought I saw him waive for fair catch. I didn't think it was a good call but all of those hand movements are confusing.

He wasn’t signaling for a fair catch. No way you can convince me. And I am a gopher fan.

Way I understand it is that anything that could possibly be construed as a fair catch kills the play. It actually makes a bit more sense that we had multiple guys not light him up the second he touched the ball.

Why was he waving his left hand and arm like that if not to signal a fair catch and save time? The question I have is what was said at half time for a different Gopher team to come out? AK looked different the second half until Fleck shut him down.

Clearly our special teams coach needs a raise. How disciplined our special teams was to know that he called a fair catch and not to tackle him and draw a penalty. 😂 In all seriousness though, had our gunner made the tackle there would play have just carried on or would they have thrown a flag for tackling a returner who called for a fair catch. Honestly I don’t think they throw a flag and play goes on so the fact that they reviewed it and called it a fair catch is hilarious and I do not care at all. Play to win the game and from time to time the football gods may look upon you with favor. Go Gophers!

the only thing I can think of is that the ref watching it saw hand waving and expected the fair catch, then saw MN not hit him when they could have,

It puts things in perspective. I was wondering how four Gophers let him run directly past them. Was still pathetically played.....but it does make a little more sense.

Why was he waving his left hand and arm like that if not to signal a fair catch and save time? The question I have is what was said at half time for a different Gopher team to come out? AK looked different the second half until Fleck shut him down.
I actually think it was because we were so thin at RB. Evans was hurt, Taylor was 1/2 speed and Tyler just isn't very good.

So PJ was forced to come out and be more aggressive. AK still struggled - missed some easy ones, but he looked considerably more comfortable than RUN- RUN- Third and Long. PJ and Co did that to Tanner as well, if all of your passes are on 3rd & 7+, not many QBs are going to look good.

I was unclear on this rule, but after reading this, my take is that if you signal anything with your hands, you are not allowed to field the punt and run. It doesn't matter what the signal was for.

If you do signal, then all you can do is make a fair catch, or not field it. He clearly was signaling something with his hands, probably for his teammates to clear out, but even then he's not allowed to field and run so it looks like the right call. It does make some sense in that we had 5 guys around him and most were in no position to make a tackle.

If I recall correctly, was this rule was put in after another fair catch controversy about 5-10 years ago? This seems vaguely familiar but I can't remember the details.

100% this, Watching that over and over again, you got the definite idea it was deliberate. If I had a guess, he has done this before, and now they are on to him.

He was waving his arm to alert his teammates to get away from the ball because the punt was short. If the ball hits an Iowa player we could recover it. Definitely not signaling for a fair catch but ruled an illegal fair catch signal by the refs.

Top Bottom