***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA FLOYD OF ROSEDALE IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

I know shitowa's offense is putrid, but this defense deserves a lot of credit knowing their own offense is worse.

Say what you will.....that RB13 and TJ made Morgan in 2019.....but Morgan was delivering the ball in some tight windows. He's regressed a ton.
Gotta be a lot on the playcalling. The combination of Sanford’s putrid calling with Morgan’s immobility is awful, period. Can Ciaroccia come back, if PJ won’t promote Simon?

The one thing very clear over two years is that Sanford has absolutely no clue how to play a QBs strengths and avoid weaknesses. He has no business being an OC at this level.

This game was winnable but the inability to score TDs in the red zone whether it was due to play calling, execution by the offense or the conservative philosophy is the difference.

It's conservative play calling cuz Morgan and the receivers can...not....sync....up. The pass game is thoroughly broken.

Well, we have the ball back again. Can the QB throw and/or the receivers catch? Does TM have maybe 2 completions in him?

Morgan still absolutely awful today. Take a chance on someone else to give yourself an opportunity to actually win? Pleaaaaaase?
I'd even settle with Kramer and us just admit we aren't going to throw.

If I may point out, it was the exact same story against Wisconsin last year. It certainly feels like PJ and co are determined to find ways to lose games against their supposed rivals.

It's beyond tiresome.

For some reason it doesn't matter though. Apparently 3rd or 4th in the West with no trophy wins gets you extensions and at least one message board that worships you.

It has mattered in the past, but it doesn't now for whatever reason.

Are we allowed to run plays with more than four seconds on the play clock like other teams? May want to show some urgency this drive!!!

This was our year to win the pig. I scared to think how long before we have a legit chance to win it. We are losing a lot of o linemen.
I hate this stat. I have no idea why they don’t return the damn ball
Everything we do is not to lose.
We are afraid to return kicks. We are afraid to throw into the end zone. We are just afraid, and our players play like they are coached not to lose. Which they are. We literally tell them not to return kicks or punts.

Tanner has been called mini pj… pj can’t bench him because culture. Season over.

Down 8. 8 minutes left. 80 + yards to go. By all means RUTM and use the full play clock here.

It's conservative play calling cuz Morgan and the receivers can...not....sync....up. The pass game is thoroughly broken.
I agree that at a program like Minnesota to win in the B1G you need to run the ball and play D.

However, you need at least a functional passing game. The Gophers do not have it.

Top Bottom