***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

For the first time in 3-4 years, I am genuinely excited for every Gopher game, often find myself hoping game day would come faster than it does. I’m back to planning my evenings around all games and don’t rely on tape delay like I did last few years.

Indiana only has 1 loss at home this season, so this will not be an easy game. But this is a beatable Hoosier squad.

3s need to fall, turnovers need to be limited. Keep the Bigs out of foul trouble and we can do this!!

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fair weather.

I think IU is in the exact same boat as Mich. On paper they are very talented, but seem to lack trust in the team. If you jump on them early I think the team could easily fold up. On the other side of you let players like Ware get confident it might be a tough night.

They seem to play up to the level of the competition. Played very well against KU and best OSU, but struggled with lesser opponents. Hopefully they take the Gophers lightly.

Mara Braun from the women's team is shooting over 94%. Payne needs to go get some coaching from her. If I was Ben, Payne would have shot 200-300 FT's per day since the last game.
Just a guess but I doubt this is an issue of needing to shoot more free throws in practice. His struggles at the line this year almost feel more like a case of the yips or something mental. I mean he wasn't great last year but he has gotten even worse at the line this year and nobody who has been playing basketball their whole life at a high level should be hitting under 40% of their free throws.

Just a guess but I doubt this is an issue of needing to shoot more free throws in practice. His struggles at the line this year almost feel more like a case of the yips or something mental. I mean he wasn't great last year but he has gotten even worse at the line this year and nobody who has been playing basketball their whole life at a high level should be hitting under 40% of their free throws.

I think this is probably the case as well. His form is fine IMO.

I was at Assembly Hall for the game between Indiana and Kansas, and there are very few places with a home-court advantage that even come close to comparing to the candy canes. Start of the game is going to determinate the outcome. If we start out slow, we are in trouble, because unlike at the Barn, we will never hear ourselves think playing from behind. It we silence them, this could be a blowout. I think this game will be a battle though. Xavier Johnson pulled a Brad Davison and nut shot a guy, but will be back. If we control their guards (Galloway had the game of his life against Kansas and gave them a chance) we will win. I think IU gets some nice calls and wins 72-70. Having experienced the craziness at Assembly Hall, it scares me as its unlike anywhere the Gophers have played yet.

Reminds of Ethan Happ a WI. Phenomenal player but he really had the FT yips- 46% as a senior.
They had to take him out of games late if WI was ahead
We are definitely at that point with Payne right now in terms of him not being out there in close games which is really unfortunate. If I was playing us I would have zero concern with fouling Payne as much as possible.

Assembly Hall is so hard to win at. If our boys pull one off there tonight, I will be running around the house high fiving phantom fans everywhere. This would be a huge win and step forward.

Assembly Hall is so hard to win at. If our boys pull one off there tonight, I will be running around the house high fiving phantom fans everywhere. This would be a huge win and step forward.
I want a video of that. Please keep your clothes on though.

3-2 is still a good start.

This start feels like the USF game...yikes

Top Bottom