***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT INDIANA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
For the first time in 3-4 years, I am genuinely excited for every Gopher game, often find myself hoping game day would come faster than it does. I’m back to planning my evenings around all games and don’t rely on tape delay like I did last few years.

Indiana only has 1 loss at home this season, so this will not be an easy game. But this is a beatable Hoosier squad.

3s need to fall, turnovers need to be limited. Keep the Bigs out of foul trouble and we can do this!!

GET ‘ER DONE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid to ask...what channel is this game on?

Update: discovered I have peacock premium and I didn't know it. Or didn't remember it. Or forgot. Or something.

A good friend of mine told me that once, he got so stoned that he momentarily understood the difference between "I forgot" and "I can't remember."

I'm afraid to ask...what channel is this game on?

Update: discovered I have peacock premium and I didn't know it. Or didn't remember it. Or forgot. Or something.

A good friend of mine told me that once, he got so stoned that he momentarily understood the difference between "I forgot" and "I can't remember."
It's on FS1 at 5:30!

Won't be easy but gotta find ways to steal some on the road during the Big Ten season and this looks like one of the better opportunities. Hopefully the shots are falling and we find a way to grab a second conference road win.

We have better players. Crowd is the only thing IU has going for them in this game. Take them out of it early.
Wow, not a big believer in recruiting rankings are you!

Indiana has 2 5* players and 4 4*, none of which is named Isaiah Ihnen.

Granted, Payne, JoJ and Carrington may be better than their 3* rankings, but on paper, Indiana has much more talented players.

So it comes down to which team plays better and makes less mistakes.

You have a better chance of convincing me we have the better coached team.

Because I think we just might!

Go Gophers!

With the lack of dominant teams in the conference pretty much every game will come down to that.

Granted, Payne, JoJ and Carrington may be better than their 3* rankings, but on paper, Indiana has much more talented players.

Go Gophers!
Remember there is only one Hawk flying us to victory!

Go Gophers!
The Gophers haven't played a full game of good basketball yet. We have learned to win through adversity involving long cold stretches and even a 1-14 first half of threes against Maryland.

Beating Indiana may require a steady performance without scoring droughts and defensive lapses. Would like to see consistency tonight. If we can stay close all night our excellent depth could be the difference maker. To stay close we will need to shoot well all game and make free throws. We have proved we can play decent defense and take care of the ball.

I see the line at 3.5. I expect a close game all the way, probably another nail biter. Got to make free throws down the stretch. Hope Payne got some serious practice in this week.
Mara Braun from the women's team is shooting over 94%. Payne needs to go get some coaching from her. If I was Ben, Payne would have shot 200-300 FT's per day since the last game.

Will be an interesting night since my brother is a IU graduate. That being said, the pitchforks have been out since Indiana's losses to Nebby and Rutgers. People want the IU women's coach to coach the men! We can steal this one, survive the early surge from the crowd, pack the lane and we hit some timely threes, there is a good shot at a W.

Go Gophers!
And those 5 and 4*s have not come to play. I watch a lot of IU ball and it seems there is a chemistry issue. They don't play well together, sometimes disinterested, other times, they are trying to get "theirs." Typical of these AAU all-stars who think they are going to dominate and instead get a rude awakening.

Re: Free Throws

Some people are what I call "rhythm shooters" and the deliberate nature of their free throw routine isn't the same as how they shoot when they just catch it an let it fly. I'd tell Payne, "Shoot a jumper. Spin it out, catch it, and let it fly."

I think IU is in the exact same boat as Mich. On paper they are very talented, but seem to lack trust in the team. If you jump on them early I think the team could easily fold up. On the other side of you let players like Ware get confident it might be a tough night.

Top Bottom