***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT ILLINOIS BOUNCE-BACK IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

The Gophers offense and pass rush is too poor to win the West.

If they could do 1 of those two well, then they'd win the West. If they could do both well, they'd win the Big Ten.

This team is 2 players away from greatness. Unfortunately, it's the 2 most important positions, DE and QB.
They are a lot more than 2 players away from being great. They padded their record with the sisters of the poor earlier in the year.

Most hollow record for a QB. He never rises to the challenge in Big moments.
This is where I am. We are 0-30 when trailing by 10 or more at the half. Lots of reasons for not coming back to win any of those, but one glaring one is that we do not have a QB who can carry a team. Now I’ll admit those are hard to find, but we have seen it ain’t Morgan. Time to see if it can be Athan.

I’m wondering if we will remember that beating up on bad teams in the early season means nothing next time?
Yes the non-conference games should be taken for what they are but going from B1G West favorites to more than likely a 7 win team isn’t any less disappointing.

All I want is a running quarterback next year.

Yes the non-conference games should be taken for what they are but going from B1G West favorites to more than likely a 7 win team isn’t any less disappointing.
And next year is going to be a long long year.

I would trade for their backup kicker if we could.

And they’re not facing a good offense today.
Absurd. No team is going to pitch a shutout. This offense has been impotent for the better part of 3 years. We have 21 yards passing and it’s the 4th quarter ffs. Score some damn points and it’s an easy win.
If you didn’t get a 90 yard kickoff you still have 7 points Easy win lmao

I love the Gophs with all my heart. Just feels like P.J. Only gets high character glorified MAC players. This game we can see legit talent gap. Illinois looks like real BIG players. Our 2019 team was able to compete because of our NFL talent. We need WR’s and pass rushers and a real BIG QB. Tanner a great dude but he literally is a MAC player. Just looks so damn hard for us to score and even tho we get stops the stops look so damn hard

Devito would not look good with the pressure that Morgan is facing.

Exactly. Offensive line is getting abused in pass pro for the second straight game.

They don't call the tackle PI on IL. but then give them that call ?

Why don't you send a complaint letter to the Big Ten about it?

We're not in this position because of that call or no call. We're in this position because we're being dominated on both sides of the field.

It turns out I'm more gullible than I thought. I was believing all the early-season press clippings about the gophers this year. I thought we were a top 15 team. I was pulled in. What a fool I was. Turns out in this era of so much change and upheaval in society and in our institutions, there remains a few constants. One is Gopher football mediocrity. And now I'm looking at you, Minnesota Vikings. I don't believe your shit either.

The Gophers are kind of looking like the national pre-season wisdom said. A team replacing a lot of starters on both lines and with limitations as a pass offense.

Well, it’ll take a miracle for us to win this one. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not looking good.

Top Bottom